60 Minutes Interview With President Joe Biden
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE. For updated global data & graphs on COVID-19, please click HERE. For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE. For COVID-19 cases in Florida via Florida COVID Action, please click HERE. For COVID-19 cases in Florida, via Florida state government, please click HERE.
In a wide-ranging conversation with Scott Pelley, President Biden answers questions on Taiwan, inflation, the classified documents found in former President Trump’s home and more, in the video published on Sep 18, 2022, “President Joe Biden: The 2022 60 Minutes Interview“, below:
In the 60 Minutes interview that was aired on Sunday, September 18, 2022, President Joe Biden made multiple statements, listed below:
- The Coronavirus Pandemic is over.
- U.S. would defend Taiwan if China invaded the island.
- U.S. would punish Russia if President Vladimir Putin resorted to chemical or nuclear weapons in Ukraine.
- He does plan to run for reelection, but no firm decision has been made.
- President Biden has not seen nor been briefed on what classified documents the FBI found at Mar-a-Lago, but his administration is fully read in as it pertains to national security secrets.
- President Biden would not promise that inflation will come down, but did argue that it will be brought under control.
With regard to President Biden’s comment on “The Coronavirus Pandemic is over”, let’s take a look at some data, below:
- Nearly every American has some level of immunity now, either through previous infection or vaccination.
- Nearly every one 6 months and older has access to vaccination.
- A new Omicron variant-specific booster shot has been authorized to hopefully help to control the spread and hospitalization.
- The CDC ended recommendations for social distancing and quarantine as means to control the virus and eased mitigation recommendations for schools.
- Treatments such as the antiviral Paxlovid (which was used to treat President Biden when he was infected with COVID-19 during the summer) have helped to reduce fatality.
- According to data maintained by John Hopkins University, people are still dying at: 7 new deaths during past day & more than 13,024 over the past month. However, it is much reduced from the 4,395 on the day of January 20, 2021 or the 95,976 deaths during the month of January, 2021.
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: