What Is The Purpose Of Florida HB 133?
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE. For updated global data & graphs on COVID-19, please click HERE. For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE. For COVID-19 cases in Florida via Florida COVID Action, please click HERE. For COVID-19 cases in Florida, via Florida state government, please click HERE.
This afternoon, I’ve received a rather disturbing message about Florida Representative Anthony Sabatini‘s newly filed bill, House Bill 133 (2022), Prohibiting Cooperation With a United States Capitol Police Office Located in this State. Representative Sabatini represents part of Lake Country in the Florida House of Representatives. He was recently elected to a second term in the Florida House. Excerpt from this bill, in italics, below:
1 A bill to be entitled
2 An act relating to prohibiting cooperation with a
3 United States Capitol Police office located in this
4 state; prohibiting any state or local law enforcement
5 agency or other state or local agency from cooperation
6 with or recognizing the jurisdiction of a United
7 States Capitol Police office or its personnel located
8 in the state; prohibiting access to certain databases;
9 providing an exception; providing an effective date.
To see the text of this bill, please click HERE.
I have several comments to make for this bill, listed below:
- January 6 Capitol attack or insurrection is being investigated by a bipartisan committee of 9 lawmakers. To find out who these committee members are, please click HERE.
- 6 U.S. Capitol police officers face discipline for wrongdoing during Jan. 6 riots. To learn about this in more details, please click HERE.
- U.S. Capitol Police Completes Internal Investigation into the January 6 Officer-Involved Shooting. To read about this please click HERE.
- FBI (not U.S. Capitol Police) is seeking public assistance in identifying individuals who made unlawful entry into the U.S. Capitol building and committed various other alleged criminal violations. For more details, please click HERE.
Floridian voters may want to ask:
- What is the purpose of this bill?
- If this is referencing to the January 6 Insurrection, it’s already been addressed by bipartisan congressional committee and FBI. U.S. Capitol Police had completed its internal investigation.
- If this is referencing to any future events, cooperation with the FBI is always highly recommended as a courtesy because Floridian voters may not appreciate insurrectionists being in our state. So I guess the question should be:
- Do Floridian voters want lots of insurrectionists running around in Florida if cooperation will not be given to FBI if any future insurrection event should occur.
- Investigations of this type should be under the jurisdiction of FBI rather than U.S. Capitol Police, correct? If this is already clearly defined, then why add another bill or law? Are we going to institute law prohibiting zookeepers or comedians from investigating any insurrection events too?
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: