Elon Musk’s Reminder Of Our Future Challenges
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For updated global data & graphs on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida via Florida COVID Action, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida, via Florida state government, please click HERE.
Elon Musk’s Speech about current situation in the world. In This video, Elon Musk talks about what he thinks is the biggest challenge today that we are facing, in the video published on Aug. 17, 2021, “Elon Musk’s Terrifying Speech“, below:
- population collapse: need to address replacement/birth rate of human population
- there may be another period of Dark Ages at some point.
- we wan tot make sure that there is enough of a seed of human civilization some where else to bring civilization back and perhaps shorten the length of the Dark Ages
- if there will be war on earth, Mars base might be more likely to survive than a moon base
- a Mars base could help to regenerate life back on earth
- take action more likely to support humanity in the future
- AI is vastly more capable of far more than almost anyone knows and the rate of improvement is exponential
- self-driving vehicles, at primitive stage (version I), have already had 45% reduction in highway accidents. future versions will be even more advanced
- there needs to be a public body with insight and then oversight on to confirm that every one is developing AI safely
- danger of AI is much greater than the danger of nuclear war
- AI is not a species level risk where digital super intelligence is
- if humanity decides that super intelligence is the right move, the we should do so very carefully, very carefully
- sustainable energy is also very important
- the fundamental problem is that there’s an unpriced externality in the cost of CO2. when things are not priced correctly and something that has a real cost has a zero cost, then there is the distortions in the market that inhibit the progress of other technologies
- it’s up to people and government to put a price on carbon and then automatically the right thing happens. it’s really straight forward.
- want to have multiple planets. imagine the world of utopian society. want to have a future where space civilization, multi planetary species are out there exploring the stars.
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: