New York Prosecutors Convened Grand Jury In Their Criminal Investigation Into Trump Organization
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For updated global data & graphs on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida via Florida COVID Action, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida, via Florida state government, please click HERE.
The two year investigation is now entering its final stage: According to the Washington Post, New York prosecutors have convened a grand jury in their criminal investigation into the Trump Organization, and the grand jury will be meeting 3 times a week for 6 month period. In the video published on May 25, 2021, “Grand jury convened in NY criminal Trump probe, WaPo reports“, below:
David Fahrenthold, one of The Washington Post reporters who broke the story, joins ‘The News with Shepard Smith’ to discuss, in the video published on May 25, 2021, “Grand jury convened to hear evidence in Donald Trump criminal probe“, below:
The Washington Post reports that a grand jury has convened to hear evidence against Trump, other executives at his company, or the business itself. Experts say this suggests the prosecutors themselves believe they have found evidence of a crime, in the video published on May 25, 2021, “Trump Grand Jury Suggests Prosecutors Found Evidence Of A Crime“, below:
Matters being investigated:
- Whether the Trump Organization has lied about its assets to defraud insurance companies, banks, by inflating its assets
- Whether the Trump Organization has lied to the government by deflating its assets in order to pay less taxes
- U.S. government is also investigating executives of the organization and the organization itself
Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr. has convened a grand jury that is expected to decide whether to indict Donald Trump should prosecutors present criminal charges in their probe of the Trump Organization, according to new Washington Post reporting, in the video published on May 26, 2021, “Manhattan DA Convenes Special Grand Jury In Trump Probe | MSNBC“, below:
In an exclusive interview with MSNBC’s Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber, Trump’s former personal attorney Michael Cohen, Melania Trump’s former advisor Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, and the daughter-in-law of the Trump Organization’s CFO Jennifer Weisselberg provide an inside look into the ongoing criminal probe into the Trump Organization and the inner-workings of the company, in the video published on May 24, 2021, “‘Trifecta Of Trouble For Trump’: 3 Witnesses Drop ‘Significant Criminal Exposure’ Bomb“, below:
The Washington Post reports that the Manhattan district attorney has convened a special grand jury that could hear evidence and weigh possible criminal charges against former President Trump, his staff or his family. David Fahrenthold broke the story and joined Peter Alexander to share what he knows so far. Plus, NBC’s Kristen Welker, former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti, and former U.S. attorney Joyce Vance break down what it means for Trump, in the video published on May 26, 2021, “David Fahrenthold Breaks Down Latest Reporting On Trump Investigation“, below:
Trump’s formal statement on grand jury probe, in italics, below:
“This is a continuation of the greatest Witch Hunt in American history…This is purely political, and an affront to the almost 75 million voters who supported me in the Presidential Election, and it’s being driven by highly partisan Democrat prosecutors.“
Signaling more potential legal jeopardy for the former president, Manhattan’s district attorney has reportedly convened a new grand jury to hear evidence and weigh possible criminal charges against Donald Trump, his organization or his staffers, in the video published on May 26, 2021, “Trump Responds To Reports Of Grand Jury Probe“, below:
Citizen Trump is facing serious legal heat now that the Trump Organization is officially under a criminal probe. Prosecutors are targeting Trump’s top executive Allen Weisselberg, who is also now under criminal investigation over taxes. Weisselberg has obtained his own legal counsel. MSNBC’s Chief Legal Correspondent Ari Melber discusses the latest updates in the case with Washington Post reporter Libby Casey, former federal prosecutor Dan Alonso, and former Watergate prosecutor Nick Akerman, in the video published on May 20, 2021, “Trump Cornered? Feds Trying To Flip Trump Org. Exec In Criminal Probe“, below:
Michael Cohen, Trump’s former attorney, testified under oath, answered to the question (regarding whether former president Trump had the knowledge or given direction to inflate his or his company’s assets or revenues), that “every thing was done with the knowledge and at the direction of Mr. Trump.”
This is the first time former president Trump has formally responded, in court, since January 6 insurrection, responding to the law suit by Democratic Representative Eric Swalwell, holding former president Trump responsible for the insurrection. Trump’s response, listed below:
- Trump stated that this is First Amendment, free speech protected by U.S. Constitution. Counter argument: there is limit to First Amendment, for example, one cannot yell “Fire” in a theater when there is no fire and one cannot incite insurrection. First Amendment was designed to protect American citizens from its government. Since Trump was a public official when he made the speech inciting riot/insurrection, he was not under the protection of the First Amendment.
- Absolute immunity: Trump said he was advocating in his official capacity as the President of the United States. Counter argument: Trump had tested, on multiple occasions, the limit of executive power. A judge in a similar lawsuit had dismissed this defense in the past. Furthermore, as pointed out by Former Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General Carrie Cordero: when Trump made that speech on January 6, 2021, he was speaking as some one who was challenging the outcome of the election from the position as a candidate rather than as the president of the the United States. Therefore, Absolute Immunity does not apply.
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: