For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE.For updated global data & graphs on COVID-19, please click HERE.For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE.For COVID-19 cases in Florida via Florida COVID Action, please click HERE.For COVID-19 cases in Florida, via Florida state government, please click HERE.Interested in a day of picking Strawberries or/and Sunflowers? If you are located in Central Florida & would like to get some sunshine and Strawberries & Sunflowers, consider visiting Southern Hill Farms, 16651 Schofield Road, Clermont, FL 34714, on Saturday, Feb. 13, 2021, for Strawberry & Sunflower U-pick, between 10:00 am-4:00 pm EST or Sunday, Feb. 14, 2021, for Sunflower U-pick, between 10:00 am-4:00 pm EST .Face masks are required for all guests over the age of 3 while under covered barns, standing in lines and when social distancing cannot be maintained, please arrive prepared. Tickets are not required to attend this U-pick season events, and pets are not allowed. Please see below for more event details, and thanks for loving your local farmer!
Monday, 2/8/2021: CLOSED.
Tuesday, 2/9/2021: Strawberry and Sunflower U-Pick. 11 am to 4 pm.
Wednesday, 2/10/2021: Strawberry and Sunflower U-Pick. 11 am to 4 pm.
Thursday, 2/11/2021: Strawberry and Sunflower U-Pick. 11 am to 4 pm.
Friday, 2/12/2021: Strawberry and Sunflower U-Pick. 11 am to 4 pm. Movie night event from 5:30 to 9:30 pm.
Saturday, 2/13/2021: Strawberry and Sunflower U-pick. 10 am to 4 pm.
Sunday, 2/14/2021: Sunflower U-Pick. 10 am to 4 pm.
At the farm:
• Sunflower and strawberry picking! While supplies last.
• Twisted Plates, Rollin Dough and Southern Hill Eatery food trucks.
• Live music by Anita Drink, 11 am to 3 pm.
• Strawberry donuts, blueberry cobbler, blueberry muffins and more seasonal treats available in the bakery.
• Local craft beer, wine, seltzers and more.
• Refreshments like blueberry lemonade, coffee and more available for purchase.
• Shop handcrafted products and merchandise in Southern Hill Market. Think raw, unfiltered honey, hand poured candles and handmade sugar scrubs.
• Rooftop deck.
• Complimentary yard games.
• Covered playground.
• Permanent restrooms with baby changing tables.
• Picnic tables. First come, first served.
• The unlimited play wristband gives you all-day access to our kids zone activities! $10 plus tax for children under 42″, 42″ and taller is $14 plus tax per individual.
• Available weekends, only during this u-pick events from 10 am to 4 pm.
• Includes access to rock climbing wall, jump pillows, festival swing, giant fun slide, obstacle course, sports game, rock wall and Farm Wagon rides.
• Please note that you must be 42″ or taller to participate in our rock climbing wall and festival swing. Closed toe shoes are required for the rock climbing wall.
• Complimentary admission and parking.
• $4/lb u-pick strawberries.
• $2 u-pick sunflowers.
• You’re responsible for paying for everything that you pick.
• Cash, debit and all major credit cards accepted.
Keep in mind:
• No animals of any kind allowed on the farm during this strawberry u-pick due to state and federal food safety regulations.
• No outside alcohol, coolers and catered meals.
• Schofield Road is a Lake County clay road.
• Southern Hill Farms is a working farm, you will be parking and walking in grass and unpaved areas.
• All events are subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather and crop availability.
• Always check Southern Hill Farms website on the day of your planned visit for final event details.
Hours and directions:
• Address – 16651 Schofield Road, Clermont, FL 34714.
• Hours – 10 am to 4 pm.
David Hill, blueberry grower and owner of Southern Hill Farms in Clermont, Fla., talks about why he farms and why the Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association is an invaluable partner in helping his business thrive, in the video published in June of 2016, “David Hill, Southern Hill Farms“, below:
Check out the Southern Hill Farms in October of 2020, in the video published on October 7, 2020, “Sunflowers, Festival Food, And A Tractor Ride At Southern Hill Farms“, below:
Welcome to Southern Hill Farms, our family owned and operated blueberry u-pick farm located in Clermont, Florida, in the video published in April of 2018, “Southern Hill Farms“, below:
I am a mother/wife/daughter, math professor, solar advocate, world traveler, yogi, artist, photographer, sharer of knowledge/information, and resident of Windermere, FL. I've worked professionally in applied math, engineering, medical research, and as a university math professor in IL and FL for about 20 years. My husband and I loved Disney and moved down to Central Florida initially as snowbirds. But we've come to love the warmth and friendly people offered by this community and decided to move down to Windermere, FL full time in 2006. I am now spending time sharing information/ knowledge online, promoting understanding of math and solar energy (via http://www.sunisthefuture.net ), and developing Windermere Sun (http://www.WindermereSun.com) as an online publication, sharing and promoting Community ABC's (Activities-Businesses-Collaborations) for healthier/happier/more sustainable living. In the following posts, I'll be sharing with you some of the reasons why Windermere has attracted us to become full-time residents of Central Florida region. Please feel free to leave your comments via email at "Contact Us" in the topbar above or via [email protected]
~Let's help one another~
Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
Founder/Owner/Editor/Producer of Windermere Sun
email: [email protected]