These 45/50 GOP Senators Are No Friend To The U.S. Constitution Nor To The American People
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE. For updated global data & graphs on COVID-19, please click HERE. For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE. For COVID-19 cases in Florida via Florida COVID Action, please click HERE. For COVID-19 cases in Florida, via Florida state government, please click HERE.
The FBI continues to investigate the violent January 6 attack at the U.S. Capitol, and the agency’s top federal prosecutor expects indictments to be handed down as soon as this week. Ari Melber joins Morning Joe to discuss, in the video “Indictments Tied To Capitol Siege Expected As Soon As This Week, Morning Joe, MSNBC“, below”
- It is unconstitutional: these Republican senators either do not know U.S. Constitution or are simply lying, where it is stated, in the 14th Amendment, Section 3: No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House. It is stated that those who have engaged in insurrection or rebellion or given aid or comfort to the enemies should not hold these offices.
- Trump is a private citizen now: great, by this reasoning, all of the CEO’s or high ranking official of any organizations can simply embezzle all of the organization’s funds toward the end of his/her term so there would not be any retribution or penalty?!
- Move on: so, any failed coup attempt may simply be disregarded?!
- Give the man a break: so we should just give any one who attempted a coup or insurrection a break?!
- He is not the only one to blame: so no one is to be held accountable?!
- It’ll inflame the country: so it is ok for Trump to divide and inflame the country ?!
- It is too soon: so people can simply throw a coup without any consequence?
- It’s never been done before: no other U.S. President of the United States had ever tried to destroy democracy and overthrow the U.S. Government! It is unprecedented! So it is ok for a U.S. President to try to overthrow the government?!
- It is squandering time to impeach: so it is ok to overthrow U.S. government?!
- Impeachment process costs money: so it is ok to overthrow U.S. government?!
- The fate of getting anything done in Congress: Senator Wicker said, “A second impeachment trial could poison the cooperative spirit we need in a 50-50 Senate.” Too late, on January 6, 2021, when Donald Trump incited the insurrection, everything was thrown out the window by him. If senators do not provide consequences for some one who tried to overthrow the U.S. government, then there will be no government to govern.
- Lack of votes: if the reason is that there will not be enough votes so there is no need for a senate trial, then why should there be a court system or a Congress?! If the “impeachment is nothing more than political theater”, as tweeted by Rick Scott, truly, then why should there be a court system or even a Congress?!
- It is an illegitimate procedure if the Chief Justice is not there: once again, it shows how little the Republican Senator understands our U.S. Constitution: U.S. Constitution does not require the Chief Justice to preside over the trial because Trump is no longer in office. Steve Vladeck tweeted: But see U.S. Const. art. I, § 3, cl. 6: “When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside.” Last I checked, the President of the United States is Joe Biden.” Since Trump is no longer in office, there is no need for Chief Justice to preside over the trial.
- Marty McFly defense: The loss of election on November 4, 2020 was the punishment for incitement of insurrection on January 6, 2021?! Last I checked, the time machine that would allow traveling backward in time is not yet available.
- It’s about cancel culture: If Donald Trump did not incite insurrection, no one would have bothered to try to impeach him the second time. As it were, most Americans were scared to death on January 6, 2021. The impeachment process is not about the Democrats trying to cancel Donald Trump, but about Donald Trump trying to cancel the democratic process and the U.S. Government!
- House GOP leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy told his colleagues on a private conference call to stop attacking each other following the second impeachment of Donald Trump. CNN’s Manu Raju reports, in the video “‘Cut that crap out’: HOuse GOP leader McCarthy tells Republicans to stop attacking each other“, below: