To Mask Or Not To Mask, That Is The Question
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For updated global data & graphs on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida, please click HERE.
COVID-19 cases are surging in Florida, now with more cases coming from younger demographics. As the state reopens, increased reported number of cases has risen to nearly 110,000 cases of the COVID-19, with 5,511 newly recorded cases on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
As of Monday, June 22, 2020, a statewide increase in cases comes as Governor Ron DeSantis refuses to issue a statewide mandatory mask order. Florida Department of Health, however, does recommend mask wearing in public. As reporter Mike Vasilinda shows us, that’s despite the Governor saying he knows the disease is spreading, in the video “Governor not to mandate masks“, below:
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has repeatedly said that he will not issue a statewide mandate ordering face mask wearing in public and he also said that he does not plan to reverse Florida’s reopening. Without a statewide mandate on mask wearing, several areas within Florida have issued their own in order to slow the spread of the virus, despite some having met with legal challenges. Mayors from Orange County and nearly a dozen cities in Miami-Dade County announced mandatory mask wearing in public, including outdoors when social distancing is not possible. A conservative lawmaker sued Orange County over its mask wearing mandate, alleging the order is unconstitutional and infringes on residents’ rights.
On Thursday, June 25, 2020, Gov. Rick Scott, R-Fla., and Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., are urging the public to wear a mask in order to stop the spread of the coronavirus, indicating why wearing a mask is a public health and not a political issue, in the video “Rick Scott, Marco Rubio Suggest Public Should Wear Masks, Morning Joe, MSNBC“, below:
As of Friday, June 19, 2020, any one in Orange County, including within the city limits of Orlando, will be required to wear a face mask beginning on Saturday, June 20, 2020, while out in public under a new mandate by Mayor Jerry Demings, in the video “Orange County businesses, residents ready for new face mask mandate“, below:
Julia Bagg has more as some of the county’s top officials say they could concern making the rule span across the entire area, in the video “Masks Now Mandatory in Several Miami-Dade Cities“, below:
The bottom line, local leaders say, is that wearing a face covering is important to public safety, in the video “Mask mandates are confusing South Florida residents. What are the rules?” below:
According to coronavirus model researchers of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania, state of Florida has “all the makings of the next large epicenter”. They further stated that social distancing, hand washing, and mask wearing are ways to reduce the spread of COVID-19. They especially noted that community transmission is “fairly widespread” in Miami, Tampa, Fort Myers, Orlando and several southeastern counties.
Since the issue of mask wearing is creating such commotions, allow me to share an earlier post, from May, 2020, titled “What You Need To Know About Face Masks“, in italics, below:
Masks do a really good job of preventing a person from touching his/her face and preventing a sick person from projecting millions of viral particles into the air. Masks or face coverings would help to limit how far away respiratory particles can travel away from a sick person, whether the person is symptomatic or asymptomatic, in the video “What face masks actually do against coronavirus“, below:
One of the best reasons to implement universal face mask wearing is that there is a segment of the population who are asymptomatic. Face mask wearing is one of the three protective measures, the protective triad of: face mask wearing, social distancing, and hand-washing to lower the chance of infection.
How useful are face masks during the coronavirus crisis? Experts can’t really agree on this: Should we wear them? And if so: who should wear them? Do they protect me, or the other person? And which types of masks make sense at all? In many Asian countries, face masks are regarded as one of the main weapons in the fight against the coronavirus. And in China it’s even forbidden to be on the streets without a mask. In Europe, there are mixed feelings about wearing masks. In times of scarcity many believe masks should be reserved for healthcare workers who depend on protection. But that view seems to have changed recently. Now more and more local authorities do recommend to wear masks in public. So let’s talk about face masks – and what they can do for us during a pandemic, in the video “Everything you need to know about face masks, COVID-19 Special“, below:
A limited stockpile and a massive spike in demand led to a critical shortage of 3M N95 masks for American healthcare workers fighting Covid-19. Yet there are a number of alternative masks that America could import, but can’t, due to strict federal guidelines, in the video “Why The U.S. Can’t Import Life-Saving Masks“, below:
Under-funding of federal agency and CDC contributed to insufficient stock-piling of the masks by U.S. government in preparation for pandemic.
American automakers, clothes makers, mattress makers, shoemakers, etc. have all quickly responded to the shortage by converting to making and donating masks and keeping people employed.
There is also need to: diversify supply chains, making sure that there is sufficient inventory, and speedy flexibility in modifying supply chain when needed.
In the video “How A Shoe Company Makes 100,000 Makes A Week To Fight The Coronavirus“, below:
Join Dr. Van Dyken and Russell as they discuss the BEST WAY to clean your N-95 or high quality filter mask at home, in the video “How To Disinfect Your N95 Mask at Home“, below:
CDC (Centers For Disease Control and Prevention) Guideline For Decontamination Methods To Clean N95 Masks:
- 75% Alcohol (or ethanol)
- Diluted Bleach (not recommended!!!)
- Ultraviolet (r UVC) light
- Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide
For a DIY mask, check out this video “How To Make a Mask At Home: 3 Easy DIY Masks“, below:
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
Let us be wary as the country is reopened. Let’s be cautious and wear facial coverings in public (regardless whether there is any mandate) and continue practicing social distancing (at least 6 feet from others) and frequent and thorough hand-washing, for COVID-19 is not yet gone. It is not likely that our life will return to normal until 2022, after the vaccine for COVID-19 will become available to general public globally.
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
You may also be interested in these other posts, below:
- To Mask Or Not To Mask, That Is The Question
- Florida Residents Need To Be Quarantined For 2 Weeks If Visiting NY, NJ, CT
- Trump To Accept GOP Nomination In Jacksonville/57% Worried That Convention Will Spur COVID-19 Outbreak
- Trump Wants To Slow Testing, His Top Health Officials Disagree
- FDA Advises Against Hand Sanitizers With Methanol
- PayPal Announced $530 Million Commitment To Support Black & Minority Businesses Impacted By Pandemic & Unrest
- Tulsa Indoor Rally Attendees Had To Sign Waivers
- Residents Of Orange County, FL Are Required To Wear Face Masks, Starting Saturday, 6/20/2020
- Legoland (6/1), Universal (6/5), SeaWorld (6/11), & Disney (7/11 & 7/15) Theme Parks Will Reopen
- What Is Re-Opened At Disney Spring?
- What Is Re-Opened At City Walk (Equivalent Of Disney Springs For Universal Studios)
- Windermere Virtual Town Hall, Tues.& Thurs., 2:30 PM
- We Need Factual Data From Florida & Every Where
- Central Floridian Ladies Holding Thriving Conversation
- Daniel Webster On Florida’s Reopening
- President Trump Says He Is Taking Hydroxychloroquine
- As Our Graduates Of 2020 Look Into The Future
- Useful Information During COVID-19 Time, 5/18/2020
- Former President Obama’s Reminder
- How Vitamin D Helps To Boost Immune System
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Discussing Reopening
- There Will Be Meat Shortage In USA
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Announces New COVID-19 Testing Options For Florida
- Why Republicans Will Face Difficulty In November
- Coronavirus Global Response International Pledging Event Has One Goal: Defeat COVID-19, Started On May 4, 2020
- Yuval Noah Harari On How Coronavirus Might Change Our World After The Pandemic
- Governor Ron DeSantis Orders Investigation Of Florida’s Unemployment System
- Senate Back In Session, May 4, 2020, Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Groceries During COVID-19 Pandemic
- What You Need To Know About Face Masks
- White House Does Not Allow Dr. Fauci Testify Before House Committees, But Allows Him To Testify Before Senate
- Banks Providing Assistance To Customers Impacted By COVID-19
- Oversight Is Needed For Paycheck Protection Program
- VP Mike Pence Defying Mayo Clinic Face Mask Rule During Visit, Sending Mixed Messages
- How To Exit Lockdown
- Do Not Take Disinfectants Internally!
- Almost 20 States Set To Reopen Soon
- Why Is America’s COVID-19 Deaths So High?
- Y Of Central Florida Providing Community Food & Supplies, 4/30
- Paycheck Protection Program And Health Care Enhancement Act Is Signed
- Orange County’s Economic Recovery Task Force First Meeting
- People In Florida & USA Helping One Another
- VA Study Finds No Benefit In Treating COVID-19 Patients With Hydroxychloroquine
- Trump Temporarily Suspends Immigration To U.S.
- Historical: US Oil Prices Crash Down To Negative As Demand Dries Up
- Read A Letter
- Windermere Virtual Town Hall Meeting For COVID-19 Updates & Q&A: 4/20, 4/22, 4/24, 4/27
- COVID-19 Sunday Special Update
- Music, COVID-19 Style
- Sharing “One World: Together At Home” Special & “The Prayer”
- Be Careful, Beach Goers!
- The Question Of “Reopening” The Economy
- Prone Positioning Reduced Mortality Rates For COVID-19 Patients With Severe ARDS
- How To Boost Your Immune System Through Food & Drinks In COVID-19 Time
- Trump Threatens To Adjourn Congress In Order To Appoint His Nominees
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Orders New Yorkers To Wear Face Coverings In Public
- Trump Is Not Firing Dr. Anthony Fauci Because Firing Dr. Fauci Would Be A Big Mistake
- Trump Claims He Has “Total Authority” To Reopen States’ Economy
- Multi-States Governors Discuss Reopening Plan
- What Is PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) For Small Businesses? Why $ Is Not Getting To Small Businesses Yet
- Why COVID-19 Antibody Test Is Needed Before Reopening
- Update On Stimulus Checks & Unemployment Benefits, 4/13/2020
- Good Friday Around The World & In Florida In Time Of COVID-19
- Tax Filing Deadline Is Delayed By 90 Days, Til July 15
- Captain Brett Crozier, A Hero In Time Of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Press Briefings Of 4/8/2020 – For USA & New York
- Unhappy Floridians Due To Malfunctioned Florida Unemployment Website, Get Your Application Here
- Florida Hospitals Seek Medicaid Hike
- Stay Home! It Will Be Rough In USA In The Next Two Weeks – Death Tolls Will Rise
- British PM Boris Johnson In ICU At St. Thomas’ Hospital
- How About Bill Gates As The COVID-19 Czar?
- Disney’s Non-Union & Non-Essential Employees On Temporary Furloughs Starting 4/19/2020
- Thank You, Taiwan! Let’s Learn From Taiwan!
- CDC Now Recommends Face Coverings When In Public & Absent Federal Leadership
- What To Do If Unemployed In Time Of COVID-19 In USA
- COVID-19 News Update: Over A Million Affected By COVID-19 On Earth, New York State Now The Epicenter
- Musical Adaptations, COVID-19 Style
- Protect Our Healthcare Workers: Let Them Wear Their Masks!!!
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Issues Statewide Stay-At-Home Order For The Entire Florida
- How To Enhance: Food Longevity
- Elon Musk, CEO Of Tesla, Will Ship Extra FDA-Approved Ventilators To Hospitals W/In Tesla Delivery Regions
- The Sound Of A Pandemic
- The Race To Develop Offenses & Defense During COVID-19 War Time
- How To Expedite The Production Of Ventilators Needed For COVID-19
- Why Bother Listening To WHO, Learn From Taiwan, Singapore, & South Korea
- USA Now Has The Highest # Of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases In The World, What’s Next?
- Why Is Social Distancing The Best Strategy Against COVID-19
- Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings Signs Stay-At-Home Order, Starting On Thurs., 11:00 PM
- Senate Unanimously Passed $2 Trillion CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security ) Act
- COVID-19 News Update, 3/24/2020: Governors Are In Charge
- Why The Coronavirus Relief Bill Has Difficulty Passing
- COVID-19 News Update, 3/23/2020
- Unintended Effect Of COVID-19 In Thailand
- Updating COVID-19 News, 3/21/2020: w/Florida Governor DeSantis, 75 Million Americans Ordered To Stay Home
- Good News: Elon Musk May Have Tesla Producing Ventilators To Help U.S. Hospitals
- Stay Home! Party Is Over! We Need To Help With Flattening The Curve!
- Trump Signed The Family First Coronavirus Response Act
- Trump Administration Will Be Sending Checks To American Adults To Ease COVID-19 Outbreak
- Mitt Romney Is Proposing $1,000 UBI Legislation For American Adults During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Mitt Romney Is Proposing $1,000 UBI Legislation For American Adults During COVID-19 Outbreak
- New York Governor Cuomo Holds News Conference On Coronavirus Response
- U.S. Task Force Provides Update On COVID-19 Pandemic Response, Monday, 3/16/2020
- Manitoba, Canadian Officials Warning People About COVID-19 Related Scams
- Why Is Flattening The Curve Important In Mitigating The Spread Of Coronavirus
- What To Do If You Start Showing Coronavirus Or COVID-19 Symptoms
- Ways Of Boosting Immune System In Time Of Coronavirus
- CDC Recommendations Regarding COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Passed The House On Friday
- Summer Olympic In Tokyo Is On
- Florida Declares Public Health Emergency & All Florida Orange County State Schools Will Be Closed Until March 30
- President Trump Declares National Emergency Due To Global COVID-19 Outbreak
- Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On Medicare For All, In Light Of COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- Former Vice-President Joe Biden Offers His Roadmap For Coronavirus
- CDC Director Redfield Testifies In Coronavirus Hearing On 3/11/2020
- President Trump Addresses The Nation About COVID-19 & W/Additional Travel Restriction, WHO Declares COVID-19 A Pandemic
- Listen To The Experts, About COVID-19 or Coronavirus
- What’s Been Done & Need To Be Done To Stop The Spread Of COVID-19
- Update On Coronavirus, COVID-19, 3/10/2020
- Italy Extends Nationwide Quarantine & U.S. Dramatic Market Drop
- Stay Informed Of Updated COVID-19 Info, 3/9/2020
- How & What To Prepare For Emergency Food & Supplies
- Alternatives To Handshake
- Global Town Hall: Coronavirus – Facts & Fear & What To Prep For
- U.S. Senate Homeland Security Committee Meeting On Containing The COVID-19
- Congress Agrees On $8.3 Billion Funding To Combat COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- How To Prevent The Spread Of COVID-19, Novel Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Is Here In Florida, 2 Confirmed Cases, Gov. DeSantis Lays Out Plan
- First Death In USA Due To COVID-19, In King County, Washington State
- Global Economic Impact Of COVID-19
- Masked Mass Wedding in Philippines
- Thank You, Medecins Sans Frontieres (aka: Doctors Without Borders)
- Difference In Opinion Between Trump Administration & Scientists On COVID-19
- Americans Should Get Ready: It Is Not A Question Of “If” But “When” COVID-19 Will Spread In USA
- Understanding Pandemic Of COVID-19
- Need To Prepare & Prevent Potential Pandemic By Looking Into History
- Update Of COVID-19 Or nCoV-2019, As Of Feb. 19, 2020
- American Evacuees From Wuhan Need Your Help
- China Tries 3,000-Year-Old Traditional Remedy on Virus Patients
- For COVID-19 Coronavirus, How Well Do Thermometer Guns Even Work?
- World Health Organization Declares Coronavirus Outbreak An International Emergency
- Wuhan Coronavirus News Update-January 29, 2020
- First American Infected With Wuhan Coronavirus, In Seattle, Washington, Is In Good Condition
- What To Do To Prevent 2019 n-Cov (aka: Wuhan Coronavirus) & Help People in Wuhan
- Update on 2019 nCoV (2019 Coronavirus) Global Impact & How You Can Help Wuhan Hospitals Directly
- Update Of nCoV With Hope In Anti-Viral Drugs
- Latest Update Of nCoV On 2/10/2020
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics:
<a style=”color: #ff0000;”