PayPal Announced $530 Million Commitment To Support Black & Minority Businesses Impacted By Pandemic & Unrest
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For updated global data & graphs on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida, please click HERE.
PayPal announced a $530 million commitment to support Black and minority-owned businesses and communities in the U.S., especially those hardest hit by the pandemic, to help address economic inequality. As part of its investment, PayPal is bolstering its internal programs to further increase diversity, equity and inclusion within the PayPal community.
President and CEO of PayPal, Dan Schulman said, “For far too long, Black people in America have faced deep-seated injustice and systemic economic inequality. Black lives matter and we need to drive transformative change. We must take decisive action to close the racial wealth gap that sustains this profound inequity…PayPal is uniquely positioned to help in this area, and we are committed to doing our part to address the unacceptable racial divide by advancing a more just economy and society. We’ve listened to leaders in the Black community about the challenges facing Black business owners and the support and investments needed to sustain Black-owned businesses and create long-term economic opportunity. The holistic set of initiatives we are implementing are designed to help address the immediate crisis and set the foundation for sustained engagement and progress towards economic equality and social justice.”
The commitment includes short-term, medium-term, and long-term investments in the community:
- $10 million fund for empowerment grants to Black-owned businesses impacted by COVID-19 or civil unrest. These grants will provide direct support to business owners to cover expenses related to stabilizing and reopening their businesses. The fund will be managed in partnership with Association for Enterprise Opportunity, a leading national nonprofit expanding economic opportunity for Black entrepreneurs through its Tapestry Project. Interested businesses can apply for a grant at aeoworks.org/paypalgrant/.
- $5 million fund for program grants and employee matching gifts for PayPal’s nonprofit community partners that are working to strengthen Black business owners by providing them with microloans, technical assistance, information, mentoring and access to digital solutions to speed their recovery from the impact of the pandemic. Local partners are best positioned to know the needs of their communities and these grants are intended to catalyze and further empower the necessary work they are doing to sustain Black-owned businesses. Initial organizations receiving grants through the fund include Association for Enterprise Opportunity, Baltimore Business Lending, Chicago Neighborhood Initiatives Micro Finance Group, Expanding Black Business Credit Initiative, Kiva, MORTAR, Nebraska Enterprise Fund, Opportunity Fund, Rising Tide Capital, Start Small Think Big, Walker’s Legacy Foundation and Women’s Opportunity Resource Center. As part of this the company will expand the PayPal Gives Employee Matching Gifts program. PayPal will match $2 for every $1 employees donate and $10 for every volunteer hour dedicated to racial and economic justice efforts in local communities, up to $500,000.
- $500 million commitment to create an economic opportunity fund to support and strengthen Black and underrepresented minority businesses and communities over the long term, and designed to help drive financial health, access and generational wealth creation. This initiative will include bolstering the company’s relationships with community banks and credit unions serving underrepresented minority communities, as well as investing directly into Black and minority-led startups and minority-focused investment funds. Startups and investment funds are invited to express interest to the PayPal Ventures team here.
“AEO advocates for economic inclusion and works to create transformational change in the marketplace for small businesses,” said Connie Evans, president and CEO, Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO). “Now, more than ever, it’s critical to invest in Black-owned businesses, create a more equitable system and break through the barriers that have historically challenged Black business ownership and wealth creation.”
PayPal is committing $15 million to strengthen its internal diversity and inclusion programs to foster greater awareness, build equity, and support recruiting, hiring and career advancement of Black and minority employees. This also includes increased funding for the company’s employee resource groups as well as supporting community partners through pro bono work and secondments by its employees.
These initiatives build on the extensive financial health and small business empowerment programs PayPal already supports. They will add a particular emphasis on Black-owned businesses, sharpen the focus of that work, accelerate the deployment of PayPal’s resources and fuel employee engagement. PayPal previously announced the company was donating $500,000 to organizations doing meaningful work to build toward racial equality, healing and reconciliation, including the Chicago Urban League, Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, Minneapolis African American Leadership Forum, NAACP Legal Defense Fund, National Urban League, Repairers of the Breach and The Empowerment Network.
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
You may also be interested in these other posts, below:
- Tulsa Indoor Rally Attendees Had To Sign Waivers
- Residents Of Orange County, FL Are Required To Wear Face Masks, Starting Saturday, 6/20/2020
- Legoland (6/1), Universal (6/5), SeaWorld (6/11), & Disney (7/11 & 7/15) Theme Parks Will Reopen
- What Is Re-Opened At Disney Spring?
- What Is Re-Opened At City Walk (Equivalent Of Disney Springs For Universal Studios)
- Windermere Virtual Town Hall, Tues.& Thurs., 2:30 PM
- We Need Factual Data From Florida & Every Where
- Central Floridian Ladies Holding Thriving Conversation
- Daniel Webster On Florida’s Reopening
- President Trump Says He Is Taking Hydroxychloroquine
- As Our Graduates Of 2020 Look Into The Future
- Useful Information During COVID-19 Time, 5/18/2020
- Former President Obama’s Reminder
- How Vitamin D Helps To Boost Immune System
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Discussing Reopening
- There Will Be Meat Shortage In USA
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Announces New COVID-19 Testing Options For Florida
- Why Republicans Will Face Difficulty In November
- Coronavirus Global Response International Pledging Event Has One Goal: Defeat COVID-19, Started On May 4, 2020
- Yuval Noah Harari On How Coronavirus Might Change Our World After The Pandemic
- Governor Ron DeSantis Orders Investigation Of Florida’s Unemployment System
- Senate Back In Session, May 4, 2020, Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Groceries During COVID-19 Pandemic
- What You Need To Know About Face Masks
- White House Does Not Allow Dr. Fauci Testify Before House Committees, But Allows Him To Testify Before Senate
- Banks Providing Assistance To Customers Impacted By COVID-19
- Oversight Is Needed For Paycheck Protection Program
- VP Mike Pence Defying Mayo Clinic Face Mask Rule During Visit, Sending Mixed Messages
- How To Exit Lockdown
- Do Not Take Disinfectants Internally!
- Almost 20 States Set To Reopen Soon
- Why Is America’s COVID-19 Deaths So High?
- Y Of Central Florida Providing Community Food & Supplies, 4/30
- Paycheck Protection Program And Health Care Enhancement Act Is Signed
- Orange County’s Economic Recovery Task Force First Meeting
- People In Florida & USA Helping One Another
- VA Study Finds No Benefit In Treating COVID-19 Patients With Hydroxychloroquine
- Trump Temporarily Suspends Immigration To U.S.
- Historical: US Oil Prices Crash Down To Negative As Demand Dries Up
- Read A Letter
- Windermere Virtual Town Hall Meeting For COVID-19 Updates & Q&A: 4/20, 4/22, 4/24, 4/27
- COVID-19 Sunday Special Update
- Music, COVID-19 Style
- Sharing “One World: Together At Home” Special & “The Prayer”
- Be Careful, Beach Goers!
- The Question Of “Reopening” The Economy
- Prone Positioning Reduced Mortality Rates For COVID-19 Patients With Severe ARDS
- How To Boost Your Immune System Through Food & Drinks In COVID-19 Time
- Trump Threatens To Adjourn Congress In Order To Appoint His Nominees
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Orders New Yorkers To Wear Face Coverings In Public
- Trump Is Not Firing Dr. Anthony Fauci Because Firing Dr. Fauci Would Be A Big Mistake
- Trump Claims He Has “Total Authority” To Reopen States’ Economy
- Multi-States Governors Discuss Reopening Plan
- What Is PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) For Small Businesses? Why $ Is Not Getting To Small Businesses Yet
- Why COVID-19 Antibody Test Is Needed Before Reopening
- Update On Stimulus Checks & Unemployment Benefits, 4/13/2020
- Good Friday Around The World & In Florida In Time Of COVID-19
- Tax Filing Deadline Is Delayed By 90 Days, Til July 15
- Captain Brett Crozier, A Hero In Time Of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Press Briefings Of 4/8/2020 – For USA & New York
- Unhappy Floridians Due To Malfunctioned Florida Unemployment Website, Get Your Application Here
- Florida Hospitals Seek Medicaid Hike
- Stay Home! It Will Be Rough In USA In The Next Two Weeks – Death Tolls Will Rise
- British PM Boris Johnson In ICU At St. Thomas’ Hospital
- How About Bill Gates As The COVID-19 Czar?
- Disney’s Non-Union & Non-Essential Employees On Temporary Furloughs Starting 4/19/2020
- Thank You, Taiwan! Let’s Learn From Taiwan!
- CDC Now Recommends Face Coverings When In Public & Absent Federal Leadership
- What To Do If Unemployed In Time Of COVID-19 In USA
- COVID-19 News Update: Over A Million Affected By COVID-19 On Earth, New York State Now The Epicenter
- Musical Adaptations, COVID-19 Style
- Protect Our Healthcare Workers: Let Them Wear Their Masks!!!
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Issues Statewide Stay-At-Home Order For The Entire Florida
- How To Enhance: Food Longevity
- Elon Musk, CEO Of Tesla, Will Ship Extra FDA-Approved Ventilators To Hospitals W/In Tesla Delivery Regions
- The Sound Of A Pandemic
- The Race To Develop Offenses & Defense During COVID-19 War Time
- How To Expedite The Production Of Ventilators Needed For COVID-19
- Why Bother Listening To WHO, Learn From Taiwan, Singapore, & South Korea
- USA Now Has The Highest # Of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases In The World, What’s Next?
- Why Is Social Distancing The Best Strategy Against COVID-19
- Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings Signs Stay-At-Home Order, Starting On Thurs., 11:00 PM
- Senate Unanimously Passed $2 Trillion CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security ) Act
- COVID-19 News Update, 3/24/2020: Governors Are In Charge
- Why The Coronavirus Relief Bill Has Difficulty Passing
- COVID-19 News Update, 3/23/2020
- Unintended Effect Of COVID-19 In Thailand
- Updating COVID-19 News, 3/21/2020: w/Florida Governor DeSantis, 75 Million Americans Ordered To Stay Home
- Good News: Elon Musk May Have Tesla Producing Ventilators To Help U.S. Hospitals
- Stay Home! Party Is Over! We Need To Help With Flattening The Curve!
- Trump Signed The Family First Coronavirus Response Act
- Trump Administration Will Be Sending Checks To American Adults To Ease COVID-19 Outbreak
- Mitt Romney Is Proposing $1,000 UBI Legislation For American Adults During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Mitt Romney Is Proposing $1,000 UBI Legislation For American Adults During COVID-19 Outbreak
- New York Governor Cuomo Holds News Conference On Coronavirus Response
- U.S. Task Force Provides Update On COVID-19 Pandemic Response, Monday, 3/16/2020
- Manitoba, Canadian Officials Warning People About COVID-19 Related Scams
- Why Is Flattening The Curve Important In Mitigating The Spread Of Coronavirus
- What To Do If You Start Showing Coronavirus Or COVID-19 Symptoms
- Ways Of Boosting Immune System In Time Of Coronavirus
- CDC Recommendations Regarding COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Passed The House On Friday
- Summer Olympic In Tokyo Is On
- Florida Declares Public Health Emergency & All Florida Orange County State Schools Will Be Closed Until March 30
- President Trump Declares National Emergency Due To Global COVID-19 Outbreak
- Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On Medicare For All, In Light Of COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- Former Vice-President Joe Biden Offers His Roadmap For Coronavirus
- CDC Director Redfield Testifies In Coronavirus Hearing On 3/11/2020
- President Trump Addresses The Nation About COVID-19 & W/Additional Travel Restriction, WHO Declares COVID-19 A Pandemic
- Listen To The Experts, About COVID-19 or Coronavirus
- What’s Been Done & Need To Be Done To Stop The Spread Of COVID-19
- Update On Coronavirus, COVID-19, 3/10/2020
- Italy Extends Nationwide Quarantine & U.S. Dramatic Market Drop
- Stay Informed Of Updated COVID-19 Info, 3/9/2020
- How & What To Prepare For Emergency Food & Supplies
- Alternatives To Handshake
- Global Town Hall: Coronavirus – Facts & Fear & What To Prep For
- U.S. Senate Homeland Security Committee Meeting On Containing The COVID-19
- Congress Agrees On $8.3 Billion Funding To Combat COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- How To Prevent The Spread Of COVID-19, Novel Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Is Here In Florida, 2 Confirmed Cases, Gov. DeSantis Lays Out Plan
- First Death In USA Due To COVID-19, In King County, Washington State
- Global Economic Impact Of COVID-19
- Masked Mass Wedding in Philippines
- Thank You, Medecins Sans Frontieres (aka: Doctors Without Borders)
- Difference In Opinion Between Trump Administration & Scientists On COVID-19
- Americans Should Get Ready: It Is Not A Question Of “If” But “When” COVID-19 Will Spread In USA
- Understanding Pandemic Of COVID-19
- Need To Prepare & Prevent Potential Pandemic By Looking Into History
- Update Of COVID-19 Or nCoV-2019, As Of Feb. 19, 2020
- American Evacuees From Wuhan Need Your Help
- China Tries 3,000-Year-Old Traditional Remedy on Virus Patients
- For COVID-19 Coronavirus, How Well Do Thermometer Guns Even Work?
- World Health Organization Declares Coronavirus Outbreak An International Emergency
- Wuhan Coronavirus News Update-January 29, 2020
- First American Infected With Wuhan Coronavirus, In Seattle, Washington, Is In Good Condition
- What To Do To Prevent 2019 n-Cov (aka: Wuhan Coronavirus) & Help People in Wuhan
- Update on 2019 nCoV (2019 Coronavirus) Global Impact & How You Can Help Wuhan Hospitals Directly
- Update Of nCoV With Hope In Anti-Viral Drugs
- Latest Update Of nCoV On 2/10/2020
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics:
<a style=”color: #ff0000;”