How To Exit Lockdown
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For updated global data & graphs on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida, please click HERE.
Governments worldwide are starting to ease restrictions designed to curb covid-19. But with most of the world still vulnerable to the virus, what’s the right way to leave lockdown? In the video “Covid-19: the right way to leave lockdown, The Economist“, below:
Some helpful measures implemented in other countries, such as wearing face coverings in public, capping number of people in restaurants and public places, and limiting number of workers on daily work sites have been helpful in preventing the second wave of COVID-19.
Elements needed to exit lockdown:
- Continued social distancing measures and capping number of people in public areas and work sites.
- Germany, Ireland and America are among the countries that are now building infection tracking apps that may run on Apple’s and Google’s new protocol. Governments may use these apps to develop COVID-19 passports, classifying individuals by whether they test positive or not.
- Governments worldwide will have to really investing in testing, contact tracing, and follow-ups, making sure that people are observing rules of quarantine. Research suggests that in USA alone, there would be need of 100,000 contact tracers to be employed at a cost of $3.6 billion. Physical tests, reagents, and material and money needed to be manufactured on immense scale.
- Robust health care system is needed: sufficient ventilators, beds in ICU, etc. need to be prepared.
Many Americans are experiencing the economic hardship of the coronavirus pandemic, as over twenty million people are now unemployed. Mark Cuban, entrepreneur and owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, joins MSNBC’s Ari Melber to discuss economic impact of the coronavirus. As federal and state governments begin to reopen the economy, Cuban tells Melber, America is “wholly unprepared” to reopen while allowing both patrons and employees to feel safe. Cuban also discusses the 2020 Election, telling Melber he will vote for Biden, but it “depends who the final two candidates are, in the video “Mark Cuban Rips ‘Unprepared’ Trump’s Virus Response, Suggests New 2020 Rival Possible, MSNBC“, below:
Federal Government Reopening Plan (Phase I):
- Large venues (e.g. sit-down dining, movie theaters, sporting venues, places of worship) can operate under strict physical distancing protocols.
- Gyms can open if they adhere to strict physical distancing and sanitation protocols.
- Bars must remain closed
Here are some other countries’ attempt in continuing or leaving lockdown, below:
On the day that new figures have shown the massive hit to the economy from the coronavirus lockdown, ministers have started to reveal how they hope to get Britain “back on her feet”, in the video “Scotland sets out plan to leave lockdown- and England announces more testing“, below:
In his first day back at work after being treated in intensive care for COVID-19, Boris Johnson said the coronavirus lockdown measures in the UK will remain in place for now, saying he “cannot spell out” when changes will be made, in the video “In full: Boris Johnson says he won’t lift UK coronavirus lockdown yet“, below:
The First Minister has announced revised lockdown rules in Wales on April 24, 2020. Mark Drakeford said that stay-at-home measures have been strengthened in some places and eased in others. Changes that will come into force on Saturday include applying the 2m physical distancing duty on premises used for “click and collect” style services, widening the definition of vulnerable person, and extending the physical distancing duty to cafés accessible by the public in hospitals, canteens in schools and prisons, in the video “Coronavirus lockdown measures strengthened in Wales“, below:
The largest coronavirus lockdown in the world is happening right now in India. The country’s 1.3 billion people are required to stay at home for 21 days. But when the lockdown was extended, it sparked charos in Mumbai, in the video “Extension of INdia’s nationwide coronavirus lockdown sparked chaos in Mumbai“, below:
On The Newshour Debate with Navika Kumar, TIMES NOW SUPER EXCLUSIVE NEWSBREAK. Modi Government works on a plan to dilute the curbs. Details of the National Risk Index accessed. What next after lockdown 2.0? In the video “PM Narendra Modi works on a lockdown exit plan, Time ripe to dilute? The Newshour Debate“, below:
“‘Reunion season’ in China after months of coronavirus lockdown“, below:
China, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan appear to have coronavirus pretty well under control. Much of that is down to early response, close monitoring and extensive use of modern science and technology. And not to be overlooked: the citizens willingness to adhere to government-imposed regulations.
Reporters in China, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan look into how these countries have weathered the crisis and largely contain the coronavirus. In South Korea, rigorous testing and state-of-the-art technology have been key in keeping the number of infections and deaths low. In Taiwan, access to masks and a sense of solidarity help to hold the virus at bay. In Japan, discipline and strict hygiene measures have allowed public life to continue without too much interruption, even in densely populated Tokyo. And in China, where the coronavirus pandemic started, quarantines, lock-down and strict surveillance have contributed to slowing spread. Whether or not these methods prove sustainable in the long run remains to be seen. But they are sending a message of hope that there may be ways out of the coronavirus crisis, in the video “COVID-19 in China, South-Korea, Taiwan and Japan, DW Documentary“, below:
Japan is most relaxed about the COVID-19, decided to not implement massive testing. Taiwan believes that “Prevention Is Better Than The Cure” and schools and universities remain open. Open communications in Taiwan encouraged greater individual cooperation abiding by the rules and restrictions if some one is infected with COVID-19.
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
Let us be wary as the country will be reopened. Let’s be cautious and wear facial coverings in public and continue practicing social distancing (at least 6 feet from others), for COVID-19 is not yet gone. It does appear that U.S. is deficient in testing and contact tracing at the moment. Let’s hope this will soon change. It is not likely that our life will return to normal until 2022, after the vaccine for COVID-19 will become available to general public globally.
- Do Not Take Disinfectants Internally!
- Almost 20 States Set To Reopen Soon
- Why Is America’s COVID-19 Deaths So High?
- Y Of Central Florida Providing Community Food & Supplies, 4/30
- Paycheck Protection Program And Health Care Enhancement Act Is Signed
- Orange County’s Economic Recovery Task Force First Meeting
- People In Florida & USA Helping One Another
- VA Study Finds No Benefit In Treating COVID-19 Patients With Hydroxychloroquine
- Trump Temporarily Suspends Immigration To U.S.
- Historical: US Oil Prices Crash Down To Negative As Demand Dries Up
- Read A Letter
- Windermere Virtual Town Hall Meeting For COVID-19 Updates & Q&A: 4/20, 4/22, 4/24, 4/27
- COVID-19 Sunday Special Update
- Music, COVID-19 Style
- Sharing “One World: Together At Home” Special & “The Prayer”
- Be Careful, Beach Goers!
- The Question Of “Reopening” The Economy
- Prone Positioning Reduced Mortality Rates For COVID-19 Patients With Severe ARDS
- How To Boost Your Immune System Through Food & Drinks In COVID-19 Time
- Trump Threatens To Adjourn Congress In Order To Appoint His Nominees
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Orders New Yorkers To Wear Face Coverings In Public
- Trump Is Not Firing Dr. Anthony Fauci Because Firing Dr. Fauci Would Be A Big Mistake
- Trump Claims He Has “Total Authority” To Reopen States’ Economy
- Multi-States Governors Discuss Reopening Plan
- What Is PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) For Small Businesses? Why $ Is Not Getting To Small Businesses Yet
- Why COVID-19 Antibody Test Is Needed Before Reopening
- Update On Stimulus Checks & Unemployment Benefits, 4/13/2020
- Good Friday Around The World & In Florida In Time Of COVID-19
- Tax Filing Deadline Is Delayed By 90 Days, Til July 15
- Captain Brett Crozier, A Hero In Time Of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Press Briefings Of 4/8/2020 – For USA & New York
- Unhappy Floridians Due To Malfunctioned Florida Unemployment Website, Get Your Application Here
- Florida Hospitals Seek Medicaid Hike
- Stay Home! It Will Be Rough In USA In The Next Two Weeks – Death Tolls Will Rise
- British PM Boris Johnson In ICU At St. Thomas’ Hospital
- How About Bill Gates As The COVID-19 Czar?
- Disney’s Non-Union & Non-Essential Employees On Temporary Furloughs Starting 4/19/2020
- Thank You, Taiwan! Let’s Learn From Taiwan!
- CDC Now Recommends Face Coverings When In Public & Absent Federal Leadership
- What To Do If Unemployed In Time Of COVID-19 In USA
- COVID-19 News Update: Over A Million Affected By COVID-19 On Earth, New York State Now The Epicenter
- Musical Adaptations, COVID-19 Style
- Protect Our Healthcare Workers: Let Them Wear Their Masks!!!
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Issues Statewide Stay-At-Home Order For The Entire Florida
- How To Enhance: Food Longevity
- Elon Musk, CEO Of Tesla, Will Ship Extra FDA-Approved Ventilators To Hospitals W/In Tesla Delivery Regions
- The Sound Of A Pandemic
- The Race To Develop Offenses & Defense During COVID-19 War Time
- How To Expedite The Production Of Ventilators Needed For COVID-19
- Why Bother Listening To WHO, Learn From Taiwan, Singapore, & South Korea
- USA Now Has The Highest # Of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases In The World, What’s Next?
- Why Is Social Distancing The Best Strategy Against COVID-19
- Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings Signs Stay-At-Home Order, Starting On Thurs., 11:00 PM
- Senate Unanimously Passed $2 Trillion CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security ) Act
- COVID-19 News Update, 3/24/2020: Governors Are In Charge
- Why The Coronavirus Relief Bill Has Difficulty Passing
- COVID-19 News Update, 3/23/2020
- Unintended Effect Of COVID-19 In Thailand
- Updating COVID-19 News, 3/21/2020: w/Florida Governor DeSantis, 75 Million Americans Ordered To Stay Home
- Good News: Elon Musk May Have Tesla Producing Ventilators To Help U.S. Hospitals
- Stay Home! Party Is Over! We Need To Help With Flattening The Curve!
- Trump Signed The Family First Coronavirus Response Act
- Trump Administration Will Be Sending Checks To American Adults To Ease COVID-19 Outbreak
- Mitt Romney Is Proposing $1,000 UBI Legislation For American Adults During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Mitt Romney Is Proposing $1,000 UBI Legislation For American Adults During COVID-19 Outbreak
- New York Governor Cuomo Holds News Conference On Coronavirus Response
- U.S. Task Force Provides Update On COVID-19 Pandemic Response, Monday, 3/16/2020
- Manitoba, Canadian Officials Warning People About COVID-19 Related Scams
- Why Is Flattening The Curve Important In Mitigating The Spread Of Coronavirus
- What To Do If You Start Showing Coronavirus Or COVID-19 Symptoms
- Ways Of Boosting Immune System In Time Of Coronavirus
- CDC Recommendations Regarding COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Passed The House On Friday
- Summer Olympic In Tokyo Is On
- Florida Declares Public Health Emergency & All Florida Orange County State Schools Will Be Closed Until March 30
- President Trump Declares National Emergency Due To Global COVID-19 Outbreak
- Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On Medicare For All, In Light Of COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- Former Vice-President Joe Biden Offers His Roadmap For Coronavirus
- CDC Director Redfield Testifies In Coronavirus Hearing On 3/11/2020
- President Trump Addresses The Nation About COVID-19 & W/Additional Travel Restriction, WHO Declares COVID-19 A Pandemic
- Listen To The Experts, About COVID-19 or Coronavirus
- What’s Been Done & Need To Be Done To Stop The Spread Of COVID-19
- Update On Coronavirus, COVID-19, 3/10/2020
- Italy Extends Nationwide Quarantine & U.S. Dramatic Market Drop
- Stay Informed Of Updated COVID-19 Info, 3/9/2020
- How & What To Prepare For Emergency Food & Supplies
- Alternatives To Handshake
- Global Town Hall: Coronavirus – Facts & Fear & What To Prep For
- U.S. Senate Homeland Security Committee Meeting On Containing The COVID-19
- Congress Agrees On $8.3 Billion Funding To Combat COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- How To Prevent The Spread Of COVID-19, Novel Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Is Here In Florida, 2 Confirmed Cases, Gov. DeSantis Lays Out Plan
- First Death In USA Due To COVID-19, In King County, Washington State
- Global Economic Impact Of COVID-19
- Masked Mass Wedding in Philippines
- Thank You, Medecins Sans Frontieres (aka: Doctors Without Borders)
- Difference In Opinion Between Trump Administration & Scientists On COVID-19
- Americans Should Get Ready: It Is Not A Question Of “If” But “When” COVID-19 Will Spread In USA
- Understanding Pandemic Of COVID-19
- Need To Prepare & Prevent Potential Pandemic By Looking Into History
- Update Of COVID-19 Or nCoV-2019, As Of Feb. 19, 2020
- American Evacuees From Wuhan Need Your Help
- China Tries 3,000-Year-Old Traditional Remedy on Virus Patients
- For COVID-19 Coronavirus, How Well Do Thermometer Guns Even Work?
- World Health Organization Declares Coronavirus Outbreak An International Emergency
- Wuhan Coronavirus News Update-January 29, 2020
- First American Infected With Wuhan Coronavirus, In Seattle, Washington, Is In Good Condition
- What To Do To Prevent 2019 n-Cov (aka: Wuhan Coronavirus) & Help People in Wuhan
- Update on 2019 nCoV (2019 Coronavirus) Global Impact & How You Can Help Wuhan Hospitals Directly
- Update Of nCoV With Hope In Anti-Viral Drugs
- Latest Update Of nCoV On 2/10/2020
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: