What Is PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) For Small Businesses? Why $ Is Not Getting To Small Businesses Yet
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For updated global data & graphs about COVID-19, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida, please click HERE.
Since Windermere Sun received a lot of questions from various small business (businesses with 500 or less employees) owners regarding PPP (Paycheck Protection Program), this post in Windermere Sun is devoted to clarification or better understanding of the PPP.
Scott Shigeoka chats with experts John Stanford, Brian Peters and Ashley Heineman about the CARES Act and what it means for small businesses across America, in the video “CARES Act & Paycheck Protection Program PPP for Small Business Explained“, below:
1:28 What is the CARES Act?
2:06 What is PPP? What does it cover?
2:52 What is the objective of PPP?
3:15 Who is eligible for the Paycheck Protection Program?
3:32 Can banks handle this influx?
5:12 What are the complications with the program?
6:03 Will PPP loans run out?
6:52 Are there concerns about who will be able to access?
8:26 What is the timeline to get a PPP loan?
Join Team AOC LIVE to learn how eligible small businesses and nonprofits can apply for and access Economic Injury Disaster Loans and the Paycheck Protection Program, in the video “How to Access EIDL & PPP for Small Businesses & Nonprofits, AOC Live“, below:
In this simulcast Webinar/Podcast Mark and Mat break down what business owners need to know about the SBA loans under the new CARES Act. If your business has been affected by the Coronavirus (and who hasn’t), you need to know which loan is best for you. Is it the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)…you can actually utilize BOTH, in the video “How to get the Disaster Loan or Payroll Forgiveness Loan for my Business“, below:
CNBC’s Kate Rogers reports on concerns small businesses have regarding the Small Business Administration’s loan program, in the video “Problems with PPP as banks, businesses hit by rocky rollout“, below:
“They say this money is coming and we haven’t seen any yet,” said Cherilyn Ashley, the owner of Tutoring Excellence in Longmont, CO about the Paycheck Protection Program loans, in the video “Small business struggling to get PPP loan“, below:
Trump’s name to appear on stimulus checks being sent by mail to millions of Americans for coronavirus relief, in the video “Trump’s Obsession With Putting His Name Of Everything, Deadline, MSNBC“, below:
Some small businesses can’t access PPP through Wells Fargo, in the video “Some small businesses can’t access PPP through Wells Fargo“, below:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called the appearance of President Donald Trump’s name on stimulus checks amid the coronavirus pandemic “shameful.” in the video “Pelosi reacts to Trump’s name appearing on stimulus checks“, below:
While the coronavirus small business loan program is likely being expanded, earmarked money is not getting to them just yet, sources tell FOX Business’ Charlie Gasparino, in the video “Small business owners say loan program deeply flawed: Gasparino“, below:
The new Paycheck Protection Program makes $349 billion in loans available to small businesses negatively impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, in the video “Miscommunication plagues new SBA loans“, below:
Bank of America received applications from 300,000 small businesses requesting more than $45 billion in federal stimulus due to the COVID-19 crisis, in the video “Regional banks in process of distributing ‘Paycheck Protection’ funds to small businesses“, below:
This video is about the EIDL Grant and the PPP Loan, which is the forgivable loan from the SBA Small Business Administration under the stimulus bill for the stimulus package. The economic injury disaster loan is the forgivable loan with the $10,000 EIDL Grant option which is free money. However, they are now limiting the EIDL grant to $1,000 per employee. The PPP loan, which is another SBA forgivable loan, is also seeing some signs of funding. However, the funding of these SBA loans are very slow at the moment as of Thursday April 13th. We hope to see the EDL loan and the PPP loan money flow to small business owners and small business at a faster rate, in the video “EIDL Grant and PPP Loan Update – Thursday April 13th“, below:
You may also be interested in these articles/posts below:
- Why COVID-19 Antibody Test Is Needed Before Reopening
- Update On Stimulus Checks & Unemployment Benefits, 4/13/2020
- Good Friday Around The World & In Florida In Time Of COVID-19
- Tax Filing Deadline Is Delayed By 90 Days, Til July 15
- Captain Brett Crozier, A Hero In Time Of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Press Briefings Of 4/8/2020 – For USA & New York
- Unhappy Floridians Due To Malfunctioned Florida Unemployment Website, Get Your Application Here
- Florida Hospitals Seek Medicaid Hike
- Stay Home! It Will Be Rough In USA In The Next Two Weeks – Death Tolls Will Rise
- British PM Boris Johnson In ICU At St. Thomas’ Hospital
- How About Bill Gates As The COVID-19 Czar?
- Disney’s Non-Union & Non-Essential Employees On Temporary Furloughs Starting 4/19/2020
- Thank You, Taiwan! Let’s Learn From Taiwan!
- CDC Now Recommends Face Coverings When In Public & Absent Federal Leadership
- What To Do If Unemployed In Time Of COVID-19 In USA
- COVID-19 News Update: Over A Million Affected By COVID-19 On Earth, New York State Now The Epicenter
- Musical Adaptations, COVID-19 Style
- Protect Our Healthcare Workers: Let Them Wear Their Masks!!!
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Issues Statewide Stay-At-Home Order For The Entire Florida
- How To Enhance: Food Longevity
- Elon Musk, CEO Of Tesla, Will Ship Extra FDA-Approved Ventilators To Hospitals W/In Tesla Delivery Regions
- The Sound Of A Pandemic
- The Race To Develop Offenses & Defense During COVID-19 War Time
- How To Expedite The Production Of Ventilators Needed For COVID-19
- Why Bother Listening To WHO, Learn From Taiwan, Singapore, & South Korea
- USA Now Has The Highest # Of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases In The World, What’s Next?
- Why Is Social Distancing The Best Strategy Against COVID-19
- Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings Signs Stay-At-Home Order, Starting On Thurs., 11:00 PM
- Senate Unanimously Passed $2 Trillion CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security ) Act
- COVID-19 News Update, 3/24/2020: Governors Are In Charge
- Why The Coronavirus Relief Bill Has Difficulty Passing
- COVID-19 News Update, 3/23/2020
- Unintended Effect Of COVID-19 In Thailand
- Updating COVID-19 News, 3/21/2020: w/Florida Governor DeSantis, 75 Million Americans Ordered To Stay Home
- Good News: Elon Musk May Have Tesla Producing Ventilators To Help U.S. Hospitals
- Stay Home! Party Is Over! We Need To Help With Flattening The Curve!
- Trump Signed The Family First Coronavirus Response Act
- Trump Administration Will Be Sending Checks To American Adults To Ease COVID-19 Outbreak
- Mitt Romney Is Proposing $1,000 UBI Legislation For American Adults During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Mitt Romney Is Proposing $1,000 UBI Legislation For American Adults During COVID-19 Outbreak
- New York Governor Cuomo Holds News Conference On Coronavirus Response
- U.S. Task Force Provides Update On COVID-19 Pandemic Response, Monday, 3/16/2020
- Manitoba, Canadian Officials Warning People About COVID-19 Related Scams
- Why Is Flattening The Curve Important In Mitigating The Spread Of Coronavirus
- What To Do If You Start Showing Coronavirus Or COVID-19 Symptoms
- Ways Of Boosting Immune System In Time Of Coronavirus
- CDC Recommendations Regarding COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Passed The House On Friday
- Summer Olympic In Tokyo Is On
- Florida Declares Public Health Emergency & All Florida Orange County State Schools Will Be Closed Until March 30
- President Trump Declares National Emergency Due To Global COVID-19 Outbreak
- Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On Medicare For All, In Light Of COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- Former Vice-President Joe Biden Offers His Roadmap For Coronavirus
- CDC Director Redfield Testifies In Coronavirus Hearing On 3/11/2020
- President Trump Addresses The Nation About COVID-19 & W/Additional Travel Restriction, WHO Declares COVID-19 A Pandemic
- Listen To The Experts, About COVID-19 or Coronavirus
- What’s Been Done & Need To Be Done To Stop The Spread Of COVID-19
- Update On Coronavirus, COVID-19, 3/10/2020
- Italy Extends Nationwide Quarantine & U.S. Dramatic Market Drop
- Stay Informed Of Updated COVID-19 Info, 3/9/2020
- How & What To Prepare For Emergency Food & Supplies
- Alternatives To Handshake
- Global Town Hall: Coronavirus – Facts & Fear & What To Prep For
- U.S. Senate Homeland Security Committee Meeting On Containing The COVID-19
- Congress Agrees On $8.3 Billion Funding To Combat COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- How To Prevent The Spread Of COVID-19, Novel Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Is Here In Florida, 2 Confirmed Cases, Gov. DeSantis Lays Out Plan
- First Death In USA Due To COVID-19, In King County, Washington State
- Global Economic Impact Of COVID-19
- Masked Mass Wedding in Philippines
- Thank You, Medecins Sans Frontieres (aka: Doctors Without Borders)
- Difference In Opinion Between Trump Administration & Scientists On COVID-19
- Americans Should Get Ready: It Is Not A Question Of “If” But “When” COVID-19 Will Spread In USA
- Understanding Pandemic Of COVID-19
- Need To Prepare & Prevent Potential Pandemic By Looking Into History
- Update Of COVID-19 Or nCoV-2019, As Of Feb. 19, 2020
- American Evacuees From Wuhan Need Your Help
- China Tries 3,000-Year-Old Traditional Remedy on Virus Patients
- For COVID-19 Coronavirus, How Well Do Thermometer Guns Even Work?
- World Health Organization Declares Coronavirus Outbreak An International Emergency
- Wuhan Coronavirus News Update-January 29, 2020
- First American Infected With Wuhan Coronavirus, In Seattle, Washington, Is In Good Condition
- What To Do To Prevent 2019 n-Cov (aka: Wuhan Coronavirus) & Help People in Wuhan
- Update on 2019 nCoV (2019 Coronavirus) Global Impact & How You Can Help Wuhan Hospitals Directly
- Update Of nCoV With Hope In Anti-Viral Drugs
- Latest Update Of nCoV On 2/10/2020
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: