New York Governor Cuomo Holds News Conference On Coronavirus Response
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida, please click HERE.
New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) announced that his state, along with Connecticut and New Jersey are taking regional action to prevent the spread of the virus. Starting 8 p.m. Monday night, movie theaters and casinos will close in all three states, and restaurants and bars can only deliver meals or allow customers to carry out their orders. Grocery stores will remain open, in the video “WATCH LIVE: New York Gov. Cuomo holds news conference on coronavirus“, below:
In the absence of federal action, states coordinate the best they can. For example, states of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut have the same set of policies (in bold), until further notice:
- No more 50+ gatherings.
- Casinos closed: Effective at 8:00 pm tonight, Monday, 3/16/2020, until further notice.
- Gyms closed: Effective at 8:00 pm tonight.
- Theaters closed: Effective at 8:00 pm tonight.
- Any bar or restaurant closes at 8:00 pm tonight. However, the SLA will change their rules to allow takeout for any goods served on premises.
*New York State will waive all park fees in state, local, and county parks.
*New York State (NYS) Actions:
- All local governments to reduce to 50% workforce
- All local police departments & emergency medical services are supplied with masks
- NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, & Rockland must have childcare, educational services, & meal programs in place by midnight. They must be approved by NYS
- Strongly advise that only these services/businesses that are essential to stay open after 8:00 pm: Groceries, Gas Stations, Pharmacies, Medical Facilities
- Testing: 1. Great mobilization-thank you Vice President Pence and President Trump 2. Drive-through testing at: Long Island, Staten Island, Rockland County
*Recommendation for federal government: The President must use Army Corps of Engineers to build medical capacity;Fallback state preparedness to build; NYS Organizing National Guard + Building Unions + Private Developers
*Recommendations for local governments: identify possible facilities for conversion into hospital
*Suspending DOH (Department of Health) regulations to allow hospitals to increase capacity & hospitals may soon be cancelling elective surgery
*CALLING FOR NEED OF FEDERAL ASSISTANCE AND FUNDING
Watch coronavirus livestream coverage of the outbreak as COVID-19 spreads, impacting markets and daily life across the U.S. and abroad, in the video “New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio Holds Press Conference On Coronavirus, NBC News (Live Stream)“, below:
NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio is calling for a robust response to the coronavirus outbreak, including help from the U.S. Military and a nationalized supply chain and says a ‘full-war footing’ is necessary to save as many as possible, in the video “Mayor De Blasio Calls For ‘Full-War Footing’ To Help Save Lives, Morning Joe, MSNBC“, below:
As for individual citizens, please wash your hands often, stop shaking hands, be sure to get sufficient rest, be well nourished, exercised, drink plenty of hot water and ginger tea, and decrease unnecessary social contacts.
*Drive-by testing is speedy, effective, and necessary in order to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Paid leaves are also helpful in reducing the spread. Please contact your state legislators (Senators) to speak in support of these two measures.
Some of the basics needed in prepping for potential self-quarantine:
- Hand cleanser (soap & water & hand sanitizer)
- Cleaning products: for cleaning household surfaces such as countertops, faucets, door knobs, drawer pulls, light switches, telephone, handles of brooms, mops, etc., for reference list suggested by CDC, click HERE.)
- Laundry detergent
- Food (at least 3 weeks worth of staples:beans, pasta, rice, canned vegetables, frozen food, canned soup, shelf-stable milk, or dehydrated food, etc.)
- Water (be it in bottled water form or activated carbon filter pitcher and/or distiller)
- Face masks
- Prescription meds (talk to your doctor as to how much of your prescription meds need to be stocked)
- Over-the-counter medicine (acetaminophen, ibuprofen, cough medicine, etc.)
- Robust WiFi
- Video conferencing services
- Entertainment (check out: Netflix’s Pandemic & Amazon’s Contagion)
- Exercise guides or equipment
You may be interested in these podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/worldaffairs/id101215657
You may also be interested in these articles/posts below:
- U.S. Task Force Provides Update On COVID-19 Pandemic Response, Monday, 3/16/2020
- Manitoba, Canadian Officials Warning People About COVID-19 Related Scams
- Why Is Flattening The Curve Important In Mitigating The Spread Of Coronavirus
- What To Do If You Start Showing Coronavirus Or COVID-19 Symptoms
- Ways Of Boosting Immune System In Time Of Coronavirus
- CDC Recommendations Regarding COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Passed The House On Friday
- Summer Olympic In Tokyo Is On
- Florida Declares Public Health Emergency & All Florida Orange County State Schools Will Be Closed Until March 30
- President Trump Declares National Emergency Due To Global COVID-19 Outbreak
- Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On Medicare For All, In Light Of COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- Former Vice-President Joe Biden Offers His Roadmap For Coronavirus
- CDC Director Redfield Testifies In Coronavirus Hearing On 3/11/2020
- President Trump Addresses The Nation About COVID-19 & W/Additional Travel Restriction, WHO Declares COVID-19 A Pandemic
- Listen To The Experts, About COVID-19 or Coronavirus
- What’s Been Done & Need To Be Done To Stop The Spread Of COVID-19
- Update On Coronavirus, COVID-19, 3/10/2020
- Italy Extends Nationwide Quarantine & U.S. Dramatic Market Drop
- Stay Informed Of Updated COVID-19 Info, 3/9/2020
- How & What To Prepare For Emergency Food & Supplies
- Alternatives To Handshake
- Global Town Hall: Coronavirus – Facts & Fear & What To Prep For
- U.S. Senate Homeland Security Committee Meeting On Containing The COVID-19
- Congress Agrees On $8.3 Billion Funding To Combat COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- How To Prevent The Spread Of COVID-19, Novel Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Is Here In Florida, 2 Confirmed Cases, Gov. DeSantis Lays Out Plan
- First Death In USA Due To COVID-19, In King County, Washington State
- Global Economic Impact Of COVID-19
- Masked Mass Wedding in Philippines
- Thank You, Medecins Sans Frontieres (aka: Doctors Without Borders)
- Difference In Opinion Between Trump Administration & Scientists On COVID-19
- Americans Should Get Ready: It Is Not A Question Of “If” But “When” COVID-19 Will Spread In USA
- Understanding Pandemic Of COVID-19
- Need To Prepare & Prevent Potential Pandemic By Looking Into History
- Update Of COVID-19 Or nCoV-2019, As Of Feb. 19, 2020
- American Evacuees From Wuhan Need Your Help
- China Tries 3,000-Year-Old Traditional Remedy on Virus Patients
- For COVID-19 Coronavirus, How Well Do Thermometer Guns Even Work?
- World Health Organization Declares Coronavirus Outbreak An International Emergency
- Wuhan Coronavirus News Update-January 29, 2020
- First American Infected With Wuhan Coronavirus, In Seattle, Washington, Is In Good Condition
- What To Do To Prevent 2019 n-Cov (aka: Wuhan Coronavirus) & Help People in Wuhan
- Update on 2019 nCoV (2019 Coronavirus) Global Impact & How You Can Help Wuhan Hospitals Directly
- Update Of nCoV With Hope In Anti-Viral Drugs
- Latest Update Of nCoV On 2/10/2020
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: