Robert S. Mueller III Will Testify On Wednesday, 7/24/2019, Don’t Miss It!
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
The former Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s congressional testimony, originally scheduled for July 17, 2019, has been delayed until Wednesday, July 24, 2019. House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler and House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff confirmed this date in a joint statement.
“The House Judiciary Committee will convene on July 24 at 8:30 am with Special Counsel Mueller testifying in public for three hours. After a brief break, the House Intelligence Committee will convene for additional public testimony beginning at 12:00pm,” the chairmen said in the statement. “All members, Democrats and Republicans, of both committees will have a meaningful opportunity to question the Special Counsel in public, and the American people will finally have an opportunity to hear directly from Mr. Mueller about what his investigation uncovered.”
On Sunday, July 21, 2019, the House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff said on Face the Nation that the ultimate goal is to make Mueller’s 448 page report on Donald Trump’s ties with Russia and potential obstruction of justice come to life for the American people because most Americans have not yet read Mueller’s summary of his two-year investigation. Schiff called the report “a pretty damning set of facts that involve a presidential campaign in a close race welcoming help from a hostile foreign power.” in the video “Schiff calls Trump an “unindicted co-conspirator” ahead of Mueller testimony“, below:
Ahead of what is expected to be the most anticipated congressional hearing in decades, lawmakers from both sides of the aisle are preparing for special counsel Robert Mueller’s testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee and House Intelligence Committee. CNN’s Manu Raju reports, in the video “How lawmakers are preparing for Mueller’s testimony“, below:
There are areas of potential obstruction of justice laid out in the Mueller Report that will be focused on by the Democrats in the House Judiciary Committee:
- Efforts to have McGahn deny that the President had ordered him to have the Special Counsel removed.
- Corey Lewandowski to tell the then attorney general Jeff Sessions to limit the investigation to exclude the President and
- Later threatened to fire Sessions if he did not meet with Lewandowski.
- Alleged witness tempering in Mueller’s report, including Trump encouraging former Trump’s campaign manager, Paul Manafort, and Trump’s former attorney Michael Cohen not to cooperate with federal prosecutors.
- Trump publicly expressed skepticism that Russia was responsible for the hacks at the same time that he and other campaign officials privately sought information about any further planned WikiLeaks releases of the campaign emails.
Former special counsel Robert Mueller goes before two congressional committees next week to talk about the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. The panelists previewed next week’s testimony, in the video “#WashWeekPBS Extra: Previewing Robert Mueller’s testimony“, below:
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: