Severe Thunderstorm Warning in East Central Florida, ‘Til 6:15 pm in Windermere, FL
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
The National Weather Service in Melbourne has issued, in italics, below:
* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for…
Southwestern Orange County in east central Florida…
Northwestern Osceola County in east central Florida…
* Until 600 PM EDT. (Warning for Windermere, FL will last until 6:15 pm EDT)
* At 513 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Four Corners,
or near Bay Lake, moving east at 40 mph.
HAZARD…60 mph wind gusts.
IMPACT…Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.
* Locations impacted include…
Orlando, Kissimmee, Saint Cloud, Bay Lake and Celebration.
For your protection, please move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a building.
Recommended Ways To Prepare & Stay Safe, below:
- Take shelter inside of a sturdy building (a shed or structure in an open area is more likely to be hit by lightening).
- If driving in heavy rain, then find a place to pull over and park (stay in the car and turn on your hazard lights until the rain stops).
- Avoid touching anything metal, including the frame of your car (metal conducts electricity, with potential risk for injury).
- Avoid tall trees, hilltops, open fields, the beach, and boats on the water (these places are more likely to be hit by lightening).
- Unplug electronic equipment (power surges from lightening can cause serious damage to computers, monitors, and TVs).
- Use only cell phones and cordless phones that are not plugged into an outlet).