“Good Will Win Out Over Evil…Words of Hate Are Unwelcome in Pittsburgh”, Said Rabbi Hazzan Jeffrey Myers
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
On Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018, in Soldier & Sailors Hall of PA, Rabbi Hazzan Jeffrey Myers of the Tree of Life/Or L’Simcha synagogue has given a powerful speech during interfaith vigil for the 11 killed and 6 wounded Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018, during Sabbath services at the Squirrel Hill synagogue building shared by three congregations. Describing the attack on his congregation, Rabbi Myers told the crowd of 2,000 that “my holy place has been defiled.” He called on political leaders to stop the words of hate. “Words of hate are unwelcome in Pittsburgh,” he said. “If it comes from you, Americans will listen.”
- (A Psalm of David.) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
- He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Rabbi Myers recalled overflowing of phone calls, emails, and Facebook messages from around the world, from people of all faiths offering supports. He said, “My cup overflows with love. That’s how you defeat hate.”
Mayor Bill Peduto, Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald and many other dignitaries called for unity over hatred. Mayor Peduto called for taking steps to “eradicate any type of hate” from Pittsburgh. “We will drive anti-Semitism and the hate of any people back to the basement, on their computer, and away from the open discussions and dialogues around this city, around this state and around this country.”
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: