Dr. Christine Blasey Ford Bravely Did Her Civic Duty Today
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
On Thursday of September 27, 2018, Christine Blasey Ford courageously stepped up in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee and the nation, relived her traumatic past, and stated that she was “100% certain it was Kavanaugh who assualted me.” In testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee, Christine Blasey Ford said she remembered Brett Kavanaugh and a friend “having fun at my expense” as she was being attacked. Kavanaugh had denied all allegations made by Ford. In the video “Blasey Ford: Kavanaugh was having fun at my expense” below:
These are the reasons why I believe Dr. Christine Blasey Ford over Brett Kavanaugh:
- The fact that there were other people, Dr. Ford’s friend, therapist, and husband, who Dr. Christine Blasey Ford told about the sexual assault incident by Kavanaugh long before Kavanaugh was nominated.
- Dr. Ford was asking and willing to take part in the FBI investigation while Judge Kavanaugh refused to answer the question and always changed the subject when being asked whether FBI investigation would be welcomed by him.
- The fact that Dr. Ford was not alone in her accusation of Kavanaugh’s sexually predatory behavior. There had been 4 other accusers in addition to Dr. Ford.
- Kavanaugh’s manner was that of anger. There was a lawyer’s maxim from Carl Sandburg: “If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.” Kavanaugh does not have law. (it is illegal to sexually assault some one else) nor facts (other witnesses testifying to the facts) on his side, therefore he is using anger.
- Kavanaugh has a history of drinking heavily to the point of blackout (even though he lied about it) and his college roommate attested to the fact that Kavanaugh was a mean drunk and had blackouts. Therefore, it was possible that while being drunk, Kavanaugh did not remember what he had committed.
Excerpt from wikipedia, regarding Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, in italics, below:
Christine Margaret Blasey Ford (born November 1966), known professionally as Christine Blasey, is an American professor of psychology at Palo Alto University and a research psychologist at the Stanford University School of Medicine. Widely published in her field, she specializes in designing statistical models for research projects. During her academic career, Ford has worked as a research psychologist for Stanford University’s Department of Psychiatry and a professor at the Stanford University School of Medicine Collaborative Clinical Psychology Program.
On September 16, 2018, she publicly alleged that U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in 1982, in what she described as an attempted rape. Ford testified on September 27 about her allegations during United States Senate hearings regarding Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination.
Live coverage and analysis from The Washington Post as senators question Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford, who says Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were teenagers, in the video “Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford face Senate panel” below:
In the end, I would like to reiterate:
Ford, Ramirez, and Swetnick accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct when he was in high school and college, but the allegation of the incident in 1998 occurred when Kavanaugh was an adult. There appeared to had been a pattern of serial sexual predatory behavior unbecoming of a life term Supreme Court Justice. This had been an unprecedented nomination and if such allegations were true, then a nominee unworthy of our Supreme Court. Furthermore, some one who was willing to break the law to drink illegally during high school and whose college ambition was “100 kegs or bust” (in his yearbook, Kavanaugh described himself as the treasurer of the “Keg City Club” to be able to drink 100 kegs of beer before graduation) would not have made a model citizen. Furthermore, Kavanaugh had demonstrated a temperament prone to anger rather than relying on law and/or facts. If Kavanaugh were truly innocent, then why would he refuse to have FBI investigation?
In all of these cases of allegations, alcohol was involved. I believe Americans would prefer and benefit from a Supreme Court Justice who would have better control over his/her amygdala. Keep in mind that our Supreme Court Justice should be selected from model citizens, able to set example for the rest of Americans, rather than from the dregs of the society. Again, I would like to reiterate: there are many well qualified justices in the United States who had not yet lied under oath nor sexually harassed any female colleagues in the past. I was under the impression that we should be picking from the top of the barrel rather than from the bottom, in selecting for life term Supreme Court Justices. Or did I miss the memo ?!
You may also be interested in articles below:
- The Flood Gate Is Opened For Kavanaugh: 5 Accusers So Far (09/26/2018)
- Update on Kavanaugh Hearing (09/08/2018)
- Judge Brett Kavanaugh Should Be Impeached for Lying During His Confirmation Hearings (09/07/2018)
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: