The Flood Gate Is Opened For Kavanaugh: 5 Accusers So Far
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
American women are fuming, with good reason! For Trump administration and the Republican Party are attempting to place an alleged serial sexual predator into the Supreme Court. If they succeed, then instead of having made America great again, they would have sealed the fate of America as a rape culture, truly a step backward for the civilized society! It does appear that FBI investigation is necessary before the senate should be voting on the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court Justice. Any rushing to vote without thorough FBI investigation would compromise the integrity of our Supreme Court and our country. If Brett Kavanaugh were innocent, one would imagine that he would want to invite a thorough investigation to help to clear his name before he takes his seat on the Supreme Court.
Tomorrow, on Thursday, September 27, 2018,
- Dr. Christine Blasey Ford will be telling Congress that she believes Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh attempted to rape her at a teenage party at a Maryland home back in 1982, according to her prepared testimony submitted to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday evening.
Below, in italics, is part of the testimony:
“Brett groped me and tried to take off my clothes. He had a hard time because he was so drunk, and because I was wearing a one-piece bathing suit under my clothes,” Ford is expected to say, after describing how she was pushed into a bedroom on the second floor of the home. “I believed he was going to rape me.”
She will add how she tried to yell for help.
“When I did, Brett put his hand over my mouth to stop me from screaming. This was what terrified me the most, and has had the most lasting impact on my life,” she will say. “It was hard for me to breathe, and I thought that Brett was accidentally going to kill me. Both Brett and Mark were drunkenly laughing during the attack. “
Dr. Christine Blasey Ford is not alone in making accusation at Brett Kavanaugh’s sexual misconduct.
- Our previous post indicates a second accuser Deborah Ramirez (Bree Kavanaugh’s Yale classmate) alleging sexual misconduct against Brett Kavanaugh, in “exposing himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face….” The attorney of Deborah Ramirez, the second accuser, said that Republicans on the Senate Judiciary committee did not participate in a scheduled phone call on Tuesday to discuss her allegations.
- On Wednesday morning, Michael Avenatti identified the third accuser, Julie Swetnick, on Twitter. In a sworn statement prepared by Avenatti and submitted to Senate Judiciary Committee, Swetnick indicated that Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge were present at a party where she was drugged and gang raped. Swetnick stated that there are two witnesses who can attest to her account, but she has not yet identified them publicly.
- According to a report by NBC News, there was a fourth accusation from an anonymous complaint sent to Senator Cory Gardner, claiming that an intoxicated Kavanaugh physically assaulted a woman he socialized with in the Washington D.C. area in 1998, while Kavanaugh was inebriated. There were at least four witnesses and the woman who was assaulted was still traumatized and had decided to remain anonymous herself.
- Now the flood gate had been opened, there had been a fifth accusation alleging Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a woman on a boat in Rhode Island in 1985. The accusation had been brought to the Senate by this woman’s boyfriend, identifying assaulters as “Brett and Mark“, with Mark possibly being Kavanaugh’s friend Mark Judge, who had also been implicated in multiple other sexual assault accusations involving Kavanaugh. According to CBS News, the boyfriend claimed that he and another friend later physically confronted Brett and Mark, leaving Brett and Mark with significant injuries. This fifth accusation involves a call made by a man in Rhode Island to the office of Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, a member of the Judiciary Committee. Investigators read from a report from Whitehouse’s office, which stated that “early on a Sunday morning in August of 1985, a close acquaintance of the constituent was sexually assaulted by two heavily inebriated men she referred to at the time as Brett and Mark.
So far Kavanaugh had denied all of these five allegations.
Ford, Ramirez, and Swetnick accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct when he was in high school and college, but the allegation of the incident in 1998 occurred when Kavanaugh was an adult. There appeared to had been a pattern of serial sexual predatory behavior unbecoming of a life term Supreme Court Justice. This had been an unprecedented nomination and if such allegations were true, then a nominee unworthy of our Supreme Court. Furthermore, some one who was willing to break the law to drink illegally during high school and whose college ambition was “100 kegs or bust” (in his yearbook, Kavanaugh described himself as the treasurer of the “Keg City Club” to be able to drink 100 kegs of beer before graduation) would not have made a model citizen.
In all of these cases of allegations, alcohol was involved. I believe Americans would prefer and benefit from a Supreme Court Justice who would have better control over his/her amygdala. Keep in mind that our Supreme Court Justice should be selected from model citizens, able to set example for the rest of Americans, rather than from the dregs of the society. Again, I would like to reiterate: there are many well qualified justices in the United States who had not yet lied under oath nor sexually harassed any female colleagues in the past. I was under the impression that we should be picking from the top of the barrel rather than from the bottom, in selecting for life term Supreme Court Justices. Or did I miss the memo ?!
On Wednesday, September 26, 2018, President Trump said that he would be willing to withdraw Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination if he believed these allegations were true, but then also called them “false” before he had a chance to hear any of their testimonies.
We shall see. Much remains to be discovered and revealed on Thursday, September 27, 2018.
You may also be interested in articles below:
- The Flood Gate Is Opened For Kavanaugh: 5 Accusers So Far (09/26/2018)
- Update on Kavanaugh Hearing (09/08/2018)
- Judge Brett Kavanaugh Should Be Impeached for Lying During His Confirmation Hearings (09/07/2018)
- Dr. Christine Blasey Ford Bravely Did Her Civic Duty Today (09/27/2018)
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: