Families Belong Together Event 6/30
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
It’s late into the night, my eyes are almost closed shut….suddenly, I remembered that there is an event that will be taking place on Saturday, June 30, 2018, that needs to be posted. As I recall, multiple sources have been emailing me about this event because it involves certain fundamental decency we Americans would and should like to protect. \
After surfing through variours online exchanges, I realized that many people still do not have the facts concerning this situation or event. So please allow me to share some facts below:
- Family separation policy was not instituted during Obama administration. The Obama administration complied with Flores Settlement agreement by releasing women and children after detaining them together for 21 days. Please refer to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_administration_family_separation_policy
- If some one crossed the border illegally for the first time, it is a misdemeanor. Is it moral or ethical to take away some one’s child due to a misdemeanor?
- United States was originally occupied by the native American Indians. America is a nation of immigrants (that includes Europeans).
- Problems in Central America and South America are partially due to U.S. policy.
- The planet earth will have to deal with problems involving refugees from Central America, South America, Africa, and climate refugees (in millions) in decades to come. If each nation on planet earth would take a small portion of these refugees, then the pressure would not be so great for one single nation. A collaborative plan needs to be developed.
- The world watches what the Americans would do. I would like to invite you to hear/read words from two former Presidents (one Republican, one Democrat) of the United States to remind us all what made America such a specially unique, innovative, and dynamic nation on earth: https://windermeresun.com/2018/06/27/the-need-to-recapture-rekindle-americans-faith-in-democracy/ .
Below, is the video of “Families Belong Together” that took place on June 14, 2018, in MacArthur Park, CA, below:
There are moments in history which require us to step up and step beyond our usual sphere; moments in which we simply can’t stay silent. Now is one of those moments.
If you’re like me, you’ve watched in horror as children and babies are separated from their families at the border. And you may be wondering what you can do about it. We’ve been feeling the same way and wanted to tell you what we’re doing and encourage you to do the same.
On Saturday, June 30, there will be rallies around the country to bring a simple message to President Trump and his administration: Families belong together! Find an event near you today.
After an outcry of opposition to President Trump’s decision to tear children away from their parents, the president signed a new executive order last week. But that executive order is not a solution to the crisis that this administration has manufactured. It keeps families imprisoned indefinitely without due process, and there still seems to be no coherent plan to reunite thousands of children with their parents.
There is a large body of research that tells us that subjecting young children to this type of abuse can scar them for their lifetimes. The Union of ConcernedScientists condemns this in the strongest of possible terms and urges you to join with us and many others across the nation on June 30 to send a strong message that families belong together. Sign up today.
Union of Concerned Scientists
PS: If there’s not an event near you, keep checking back. More events are regularly getting added.
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: