Unveiling of Tesla Semi Truck & Roadster
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
Are you as excited about the Tesla Semi as I am, staying up for the 11:00 pm EST (8:00 pm PST), Thurs., Nov. 16, 2017, unveiling of Tesla Semi at its design studio in Howthorne, California? It is now 11:02 pm EST (8:00 pm PST) and it looks as though the unveiling may be delayed. Elon Musk/Tesla has promised us that “This will blow your mind clear out of your skull and into an alternate dimension…“, below:
- 500 mile range
- accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 5 seconds (most diesel trucks takes 15 seconds)
- 0.36 drag coefficient (whereas a super car is with 0.38 drag coefficient), more aerodynamic than a super car
- it’s a pickup truck that can pick up a pickup truck
- it has one gear
- it has no mirror (it has no need for mirrors)
- driver is positioned in the center
- it costs 20% less than a diesel truck over its lifetime
- fancy interior, driver-comfort/feature
- million mile warranty on the drivetrain (I don’t know of any other in the industry that has million mile warranty)
Elon Musk also mentioned the fact that platooning of these Tesla Semi Trucks would be more efficient and costs less than transport by trains. This vehicle will be fully electric Class 8 (vehicles that weigh more than 33,000 pounds). Much of the future of transport will be dramatically changed. The production of this amazing truck will begin in 2019.
Please feel free to check out the unveiling below:
Tesla won’t be alone in its attempt in disrupting the trucking industry, in bringing electric, autonomous big rigs to the world’s highways. We are living in an exciting time! These electric trucks will not only reduce the carbon emission into the atmosphere, but also help to increase the productivity level of the transporting industry.
On the same night, Tesla Roadster is also unveiled by Elon Musk, below:
Once again, we have much to thank our Wonder Boy Elon Musk in bringing forth another terrific disruption, in tackling the problem with climate change, energy, and international conflicts, in saving our planet earth.
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
You may also be interested in:
- Bravo for clean disruptions-Tony Seba Guiding Us Through Clean Disruptions
- Sharing Clean Disruption NOW-Why Current Energy & Transportation System Will Be Obsolete By 2030
- 100% Electric Transportation & 100% Solar By 2030.
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: