Smile, To Supercharge Your Life
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
Did you know that the Superpower of former President Obama came from his Smile (according to the video below)?
Did you know that smiles can help to:
- reduce the level of stress-enhancing hormones such as cortisol, adrenaline, and dopamine
- increase the level of mood-enhancing hormones like endorphins
- reduce overall blood pressure
- makes one look good in eyes of others (more likeable and more competent)
- makes one feels better
In a 30 year longitudinal study at UC Berkeley, scientist discovered that, by measuring students’ smiles, they are able to predict:
- how fulfilling and long-lasting a subject’s marriage would be
- how well she/he would score on standardized tests of well-being
- and how inspiring he/she would be to others
Other study had also presented strong correlation between span of smiles to longevity.
In wikipedia, in italics, below:
A smile is a facial expression formed primarily by flexing the muscles at the sides of the mouth. Some smiles include a contraction of the muscles at the corner of the eyes, an action known as a “Duchenne smile”. Smiles performed without the eye contraction can be perceived as “weird”.
Among humans, smiling is an expression denoting pleasure, sociability, happiness, joy or amusement. It is distinct from a similar but usually involuntary expression of anxiety known as a grimace. Although cross-cultural studies have shown that smiling is a means of communication throughout the world, there are large differences between different cultures, with some using smiles to convey confusion or embarrassment.
Allow me to share Ron Gutman‘s research on “The Hidden Power of Smiling“, below:
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: