Health Benefits of Marriage
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
Over the holiday season, some of our relatives such as family members and nephews and their respective spouse or long-time girl friend came down to visit. Some how we’ve gotten into the conversation of pros and cons of marriage or having a significant other. Here are some of the healthy benefits (gathered from the web) of marriage or long-term relationship:
- Married people are less likely to have heart attacks: European Journal of Preventive Cardiology also shows that being married could be a protective factor all its own.
- People who wed live longer than those who don’t: According to Michigan State University, being married to one’s honey rather than just living with him or her actually helps to improve one’s longevity. This was a study published in the Journal of Marriage and Family. It found that white men and women who are married live longer than cohabitors, though the researchers did not find such an association in African American men and women.
- Having long-term relationship translates to better mental health for women and better physical health for men. According to an editorial published in the student British Medical Journal, these benefits increase as time goes on.
- Married men are happier than bachelors: A study from Michigan State University found that men who are married are happier in their marriages than if they remained as bachelors.
- Recovery rate are shorter for people who are married after surgery: According to the research by Journal of Health and Social Behavior, marriage help the heart organ to heal faster after surgery. Researches conducted at Emory and Rutgers universities, shows that married people have a three times higher survival rate post-heart surgery, compared with single people.
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: