Remember The New Once-Per-Week Collection For Waste & Recycling
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
This is the first week for our new schedule of once-per-week garbage collections, recycling, and yard waste to take effect. Over 410,000 roll carts have been delivered to households in unincorporated Orange County (of Florida) for the new automated curbside collection program. If you missed the schedules that were delivered by the haulers to each door in early December last year, no worry. You can access your collection information online at: http://www.ocfl.net/GreenClean2016 . Any additional questions you may have regarding (picking up or recycling your old cans and bins, scheduling large item pickup, requesting smaller 65-gallon roll carts between April 1, 2016 to May 31, 2016), please call the Solid Waste Hotline at 407-836-6601 or email to: [email protected] .
Keep in mind that:
- Please keep 3 feet of clearance around each roll cart placed curbside in order for the trucks to use the mechanical arm.
- The roll carts should be placed away from the mailbox, parked cars, and low-hanging tree limbs. The handles should be facing your house and turned away from the street.
Did you know that:
- Wooden Christmas trees can be placed at the curb for yard waste collection?Be sure to remove the stand as well as all tinsel and other ornaments before placing the tree at the curb. If the tree is over 6 feet tall, be sure to cut the tree in half before setting it out for collection.
- When disposing unwanted or expired medications or supplements, do not flush them down the toilet or pour them down the drain. Rather, dispose of them as garbage by taking them to one of the drop-off locations in Orange County. For more information, please visit: www.drugfreecoalition.org or call Carol Burkett at 407-836-7335.
- Upcoming Community Collection Event for HHW (Household Hazardous Waste) and E-waste (electronic waste): Saturday, January 23, 2016, 8:00 am-3:00 pm, at Hunter’sCreek Elementary School (4650 Town Center Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32837)
- Two Permanent HHW & E-Waste Drop-Off Locations: a. Orange County Landfill (5901 Young Pine Road, 7 days per week, 8:00 am-5:00 pm) b. McLeod Road Transfer Station (5000 L.B. McLeod Road, Wed. & Sat., 8:00 am-5:00 pm)
Now, some words of advice from Dr. Daniel Pompa on Toxins to Avoid and Replace at Home, Food, Cosmetics, Water, Body, Green, below:
Any comments, suggestions, concerns regarding this post will be welcomed at [email protected]
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com