Summer Olympic In Tokyo Is On
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
For updated global info & data on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases and death counts in USA by state, please click HERE.
For COVID-19 cases in Florida, please click HERE.
Despite President Trump’s recommendation to postpone the Tokyo Olympic for a year due to coronavirus, Japan’s Olympic minister dismissed the idea, “The IOC and the organizing committee are not considering cancellation or a postponement – absolutely not at all,” Seiko Hashimoto, an Olympic bronze medalist, said at a news conference on Friday, March 13, 2020, in Tokyo.
The IOC, International Olympic Committee and Tokyo organizers have stayed on message since the viral outbreak in China about three months ago across Asia and the globe. The Olympic games will open as scheduled on July 24, 2020.
Japan’s Olympics minister said the country is committed to hosting the summer games as planned. The announcement comes as the coronavirus outbreak has spread to new parts of the country. Seiko Hashimoto said in Parliament on Thursday; “Cancellation or delay of the Games would be unacceptable”. Hashimoto said that organizers and the International Olympic Committee would continue to work together closely.
As COVID-19 spreads to new parts of the country, Japan said it is committed to hosting the Olympics as planned from July. Olympic minister Seiko Hashimoto had earlier caused controversy when she said that the contract for the Games allows for a postponement. The International Olympic Committee has stressed that the Games will go ahead. However, some residents said the Games should be postponed or cancelled as health should be the priority, in the video “Tokyo 2020: Japan says it is committed to hosting Olympics on schedule“, below:
The International Olympic Committee is confident the Tokyo Games will go ahead this summer despite the coronavirus outbreak and Canadian athletes are staying focused on their training, in the video “Coronavirus fears not stopping athletes, Olympic preparations“, below:
The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games are almost here. From striking aquatic centres to billion-dollar timber stadiums, Japan’s capital is now ready for the greatest sporting event on Earth, in the video “The Venues of Tokyo 2020, The B1M“, below:
Join us live from Ancient Olympia, Greece, as the Olympic torch is lit and begins its journey to Tokyo 2020! In the video “Olympic Flame Lighting Ceremony Tokyo 2020“, below:
Hopefully, COVID-19 will be all diminished by July of 2020.
As for individual citizens, please wash your hands often, stop shaking hands, be sure to get sufficient rest, be well nourished, exercised, drink plenty of hot water and ginger tea, and decrease unnecessary social contacts.
*Drive-by testing is speedy, effective, and necessary in order to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Paid leaves are also helpful in reducing the spread. Please contact your state legislators to speak in support of these two measures.
Some of the basics needed in prepping for potential self-quarantine:
- Hand cleanser (soap & water & hand sanitizer)
- Cleaning products: for cleaning household surfaces such as countertops, faucets, door knobs, drawer pulls, light switches, telephone, handles of brooms, mops, etc., for reference list suggested by CDC, click HERE.)
- Laundry detergent
- Food (at least 3 weeks worth of staples:beans, pasta, rice, canned vegetables, frozen food, canned soup, shelf-stable milk, or dehydrated food, etc.)
- Water (be it in bottled water form or activated carbon filter pitcher and/or distiller)
- Face masks
- Prescription meds (talk to your doctor as to how much of your prescription meds need to be stocked)
- Over-the-counter medicine (acetaminophen, ibuprofen, cough medicine, etc.)
- Robust WiFi
- Video conferencing services
- Entertainment (check out: Netflix’s Pandemic & Amazon’s Contagion)
- Exercise guides or equipment
You may be interested in these podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/worldaffairs/id101215657
You may also be interested in these articles/posts below:
- Florida Declares Public Health Emergency & All Florida Orange County State Schools Will Be Closed Until March 30
- President Trump Declares National Emergency Due To Global COVID-19 Outbreak
- Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On Medicare For All, In Light Of COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- Former Vice-President Joe Biden Offers His Roadmap For Coronavirus
- CDC Director Redfield Testifies In Coronavirus Hearing On 3/11/2020
- President Trump Addresses The Nation About COVID-19 & W/Additional Travel Restriction, WHO Declares COVID-19 A Pandemic
- Listen To The Experts, About COVID-19 or Coronavirus
- What’s Been Done & Need To Be Done To Stop The Spread Of COVID-19
- Update On Coronavirus, COVID-19, 3/10/2020
- Italy Extends Nationwide Quarantine & U.S. Dramatic Market Drop
- Stay Informed Of Updated COVID-19 Info, 3/9/2020
- How & What To Prepare For Emergency Food & Supplies
- Alternatives To Handshake
- Global Town Hall: Coronavirus – Facts & Fear & What To Prep For
- U.S. Senate Homeland Security Committee Meeting On Containing The COVID-19
- Congress Agrees On $8.3 Billion Funding To Combat COVID-19 Or Coronavirus
- How To Prevent The Spread Of COVID-19, Novel Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Is Here In Florida, 2 Confirmed Cases, Gov. DeSantis Lays Out Plan
- First Death In USA Due To COVID-19, In King County, Washington State
- Global Economic Impact Of COVID-19
- Masked Mass Wedding in Philippines
- Thank You, Medecins Sans Frontieres (aka: Doctors Without Borders)
- Difference In Opinion Between Trump Administration & Scientists On COVID-19
- Americans Should Get Ready: It Is Not A Question Of “If” But “When” COVID-19 Will Spread In USA
- Understanding Pandemic Of COVID-19
- Need To Prepare & Prevent Potential Pandemic By Looking Into History
- Update Of COVID-19 Or nCoV-2019, As Of Feb. 19, 2020
- American Evacuees From Wuhan Need Your Help
- China Tries 3,000-Year-Old Traditional Remedy on Virus Patients
- For COVID-19 Coronavirus, How Well Do Thermometer Guns Even Work?
- World Health Organization Declares Coronavirus Outbreak An International Emergency
- Wuhan Coronavirus News Update-January 29, 2020
- First American Infected With Wuhan Coronavirus, In Seattle, Washington, Is In Good Condition
- What To Do To Prevent 2019 n-Cov (aka: Wuhan Coronavirus) & Help People in Wuhan
- Update on 2019 nCoV (2019 Coronavirus) Global Impact & How You Can Help Wuhan Hospitals Directly
- Update Of nCoV With Hope In Anti-Viral Drugs
- Latest Update Of nCoV On 2/10/2020
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: