Americans Should Get Ready: It Is Not A Question Of “If” But “When” COVID-19 Will Spread In USA
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by John Hopkins CSSE
Up to date global information and data on COVID-19
On Tuesday, February 25, 2020, top officials at the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) warned Americans that health experts anticipate the novel coronavirus (aka COVID-19 or 2019 nCoV) that has already killed thousands will surely spread in the United States. Director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, said “We expect we will see community spread in this country. It is not so much a question of if this will happen any more, but rather more a question of exactly when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illness.” Messonnier also told reporters that the CDC is working to contain the virus as well as implementing strategies to lessen the impacts on communities. She said, “We’ve also enacted the first quarantine of this scale in the U.S., and are supporting the State Department and (Department of Health and Human Services) in repatriating citizens from high-risk areas.” Messonnier further indicates that the containment strategies as largely successful and “buying us more time to prepare.”
One of the top officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned Americans that health experts foresee the deadly coronavirus spreading in the United States, in the video “CDC official warns Americans that coronavirus will spread“, below:
For CDC Media Telebriefing: Update on COVID-19, please click HERE.
For concise summary and timeline of COVID-19, please click HERE.
For updated global information about Coronavirus COVID-19 global cases by John Hopkins CSSE, please click HERE.
CDC indicates that the number of cases in the United States has risen to 57 (14 cases in U.S., 3 cases from American repatriated from Wuhan, 40 cases from Americans repatriated from Diamond Princess cruise in Japan), with four more patients who were on a cruise ship. The CDC is tracking and isolating cases when it can, issuing travel advisories for affected countries and taking on the increasingly difficult task of preventing the introduction of new cases, most notably at points of entry into the United States.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) held a press briefing on Tuesday to provide an update on the Trump administration’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, in the video “Coronavirus outbreak: U.S. health officials provide update on ongoing response to virus“, below:
- White House reportedly asked Congress on Monday for $1.25 billion in additional funding to bolster its coronavirus response.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stepped up its call Tuesday for the public to start preparing for a possible pandemic outbreak in the U.S.
CDC tweeted on Tuesday, in italics, below:
“Now is the time for US businesses, hospitals, and communities to begin preparing for the possible spread of #COVID 19. CDC continues to work with business, education & healthcare sectors, encouraging employers to be prepared. Learn more: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/preparing-communities.html”
Let’s stay optimistic and be prepared!
For individuals and home preparation for in case you need to self-quarantine to protect yourself and others :
- Washing your hands frequently with soap after using bathroom and before preparing for food
- Avoid social contacts
- Staying home when sick
- Businesses, schools, organizations may want to consider how to conduct business via telecommute or online or some other forms rather than person-to-person contact
- Staying at least 6 feet away from some one showing signs and symptoms
- Have few months’ supply of your prescription medications
- Stock up on commonly used over the counter medications such as cough suppressants, antibiotic ointments and creams, Imodium AD, etc.
- Prepare for the possibility that you may need to quarantine a sick friend or family member inside your home & be able to clean and disinfect the space where you and possibly multiple others will be living for extended period
- Protective equipment (masks, tyvex full body suits, disposable gloves)
- Few months of supply of food (canned goods, dehydrated food, beans, rice, etc.)
- Access to clean water (activated carbon filter water pitcher or distiller)
- HEPA air filter (helps to clean out bacteria, virus, fungi in the air)
- Oxygen concentrator (in case one’s respiratory system is compromised and have difficulty in obtaining help from healthcare providers.)
- Practice qigong, tai chi, yoga, or whatever would help to keep you calm and optimistic
It’s likened to a scene from an apocalypse. Wuhan — a city more populous than London or New York — placed in ‘lockdown’ following the outbreak of the new and deadly coronavirus. In China, more than two thousand people have died, with tens of thousands more infected, and authorities are resorting to extreme measures to try to halt the contagion. In interviews filmed on smartphones, Chinese activists and Australians trapped in the lockdown explain what they are going through, in the video “Coronavirus: How the deadly epidemic sparked a global emergency, Four Corners“, below:
Health officials around the world are scrambling as cases of COVID-19 surge in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. There are also new fears the incubation period is much longer than originally thought, in the video “Coronavirus outbreak: Clusters of COIVD-19 suggest new phase for spread of illness“, below:
Fears of a potential coronavirus pandemic grew on Monday after sharp rises in new COVID-19 cases were reported in Iran, Italy and South Korea. Infectious disease expert Dr. Peter Daszak says he wouldn’t be surprised if the World Health Organization declared the disease a pandemic in the next two weeks, in the video “COVID-19: Officials fear global outbreak of coronavirus”, below:
Fears are growing that the coronavirus outbreak could become a pandemic as new cases are reported around the world. The virus, which emerged in China, has spread to at least 29 countries.The World Health Organization has said the world should do more to prepare for a possible coronavirus pandemic, in the video “Coronavirus: World must prepare for pandemic, says WHO – BBC News“, below:
Richard Engel, Dr. Zeke Emanuel, and Philp Rucker join Andrea Mitchell with the latest coronavirus updates developments and how the Trump administration is handling the outbreak, in the video “Officials Say Americans Should Prepare For Coronavirus Spread, Andrea Mitchell“, below:
You may also be interested in these articles below:
- Understanding Pandemic Of COVID-19
- Need To Prepare & Prevent Potential Pandemic By Looking Into History
- Update Of COVID-19 Or nCoV-2019, As Of Feb. 19, 2020
- American Evacuees From Wuhan Need Your Help
- China Tries 3,000-Year-Old Traditional Remedy on Virus Patients
- For COVID-19 Coronavirus, How Well Do Thermometer Guns Even Work?
- World Health Organization Declares Coronavirus Outbreak An International Emergency
- Wuhan Coronavirus News Update-January 29, 2020
- First American Infected With Wuhan Coronavirus, In Seattle, Washington, Is In Good Condition
- What To Do To Prevent 2019 n-Cov (aka: Wuhan Coronavirus) & Help People in Wuhan
- Update on 2019 nCoV (2019 Coronavirus) Global Impact & How You Can Help Wuhan Hospitals Directly
- Update Of nCoV With Hope In Anti-Viral Drugs
- Latest Update Of nCoV On 2/10/2020
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
Any comments, suggestions, concerns regarding this post will be welcomed at info.WindermereSun@gmail.com
We Need Fair Value of Solar
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: