Trump Tweeted That His Son Attempted To Conspire With Russia Government
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
On Sunday, August 5, 2018, morning, during President Trump’s rage tweet, he effectively threw his son Donald Trump Jr. under the bus by contradicting his original explanation of Russian adoptions for June 9, 2016, meeting at the Trump Tower, tweeting:
“Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics-and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!”
President Donald Trump had admitted, for the first time, that his son had colluded or conspired with foreign operatives to influence U.S. presidential election and indirectly admitted to having obstructed justice by having covered it up. Keep in mind that this was not the first time that President Trump had admitted to obstruction of justice (please refer to links below, under “You may be interested in these posts below”). As indicated in the video below, impeachment had fundamentally been a political crime and that the interest of Donald Trump was no longer aligned with the interest of the American people.
Interestingly enough, exactly 44 years ago, on August 5, 1974, Nixon heeded a Supreme Court ruling and released the so-called smoking-gun tape, a recording of a meeting between Nixon and his chief of staff, H.R. Haldeman. At one point during the official transcript, Nixon responded to Haldeman’s design of asking the C.I.A. to tell the F.B.I. to “stay the hell out of” the Watergate investigation by saying, “All right. Fine.” Then, “Right, fine.” Nixon’s strongest reminder to Haldeman was a word of caution, he said, “Don’t lie to them to the extent to say there is no involvement, but just say this is sort of a comedy of errors, bizarre, without getting into it.” He continued, “Say that we wish, for the country, don’t go any further into this case, period!” When Nixon released the tape, he acknowledged that it would lead to his impeachment. Three days later, Nixon resigned from the Presidency.
What Trump had tweeted did not help himself, but incriminated his son Donald Trump Jr. One can only imagine that President Trump must be in such an anxious state to have committed such self-inflicted wound. Now, we are certain that:
- Trump’s son and top advisers met with individuals connected to the Russian government for the purpose of obtaining dirt on his political opponent.
- Documents stolen from the DNC (Democratic National Committee) and Clinton campaign members were used to sway election.
- After the Trump Tower meeting was uncovered, Trump instructed his son and staff to lie about the meeting.
- Trump had attempted to end the investigation into the Trump Tower meeting and other instances of attempted collusion between his campaign staff and individuals connected to the Russian government.
So, the question all Americans should be asking ourselves now: What needs to be done when a President has openly admitted to attempted collusion/conspiracy, lying, and coverup? When a group of bank robbers openly admitted to having attempted but failed at a bank robbery, what needs to be done? When a group of people have conspired to rob us of our democracy successfully, what needs to be done?
You may also be interested in these posts below:
- Lying To American People About Obstruction of Justice May Be Impeachable Offense (01/29/2018)
- Question of Obstruction of Justice (06/23/2017)
- Robert S. Mueller Investigation Into Obstruction of Justice (06/14/2018)
- Trump Is Distancing Himself From Manafort (06/16/2018)
- Mueller Will Continue With the Investigation Without an Interview with the President (04/14/2018)
- Even Republicans Are Talking About Impeachment Now (03/24/2018)
- A Closer Look at Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III & His Investigation (03/17/2018)
- Is Releasing Nunes Memo The Prelude To Another Saturday Night Massacre? (02/01/2018)
- The List of Impeachable Offenses Is Growing (12/292017)
- James Comey’s Testimony (06/09/2017)
- Is President Trump In Impeachable Territory? (05/26/2017)
- Update of Investigation While Trump Is Away-2. To Impeach or Not To Impeach, That Is The Question (05/21, 2017)
- Reactions To Putin’s Offer To Share Trump-Lavrov Recording With U.S. Congress (05/17/2017)
- Comey’s Memo-A Turning Point For Trump Administration (05/16/2017)
- Critical Time In U.S. History-Update on Trump-Time To Refresh Our Memory (05/12/2017)
- What Would Happen If Trump Will Pardon Himself (06/08/2018)
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: