President Trump’s Mental Fitness Has Been Questioned-Is The Gag Rule Practical?
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
In our previous post on “Why Is Trump So Chummy With Russia?“, I ended with the comment of “Is this the sign of a leader that is trying to shift the world order from democratic system toward dictatorship?” This is such a dramatic and turbulent thought that I cannot help but continue digging and came across series of video discussions below concerning the issue of President Trump’s mental health, below:
- Video from 8 months ago: ‘The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump‘: 27 Psychiatrists Assess -In the book “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump”, excerpt from page 106, in italics, below: “He cannot be contained because he is psychologically off the chain. With each passing week he displays the classic symptoms of medium-grade mania in more disturbing forms: inflated self-esteem, sleeplessness, impulsivity, aggression, and a compulsion to offer advice on subjects he knows nothing about. His speech patterns are like something straight out of a psychiatric textbook. Manics display something called “flight of ideas.” It’s a formal thought disorder in which ideas tumble forth through a disordered chain of associations. One word sparks another, which sparks another, and they’re off to the races. As one trained psychiatrist said to me, compare Donald Trump’s speaking patterns to a Robin Williams monologue, but with insults instead of jokes.” In a new book, 27 psychiatrists and mental health experts assess President Donald Trump’s behavior. Do his impulses explain his decisions? The book’s editor Dr. Brandy Lee and Tony Schwartz, co-author of Trump’s “The Art of the Deal,” join Lawrence O’Donnell, below:
- Video from 6 months ago: Trump Author: President Donald Trump Deeply Would Like To Be A Dictator–Tony Schwartz co-wrote “The Art of the Deal” with Donald Trump and he thinks the thought of starting World War III excites Trump. Schwartz also contributed to the new book, “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump.” He joins Joy Reid to discuss the mental stability of the President, below:
- Video from 5 months ago: Psychiatrists “Deeply Concerned” by Trump’s Instability Call for Urgent Mental Health Evaluation: Dr. Bandy Lee is a forensic psychiatrist on the faculty of Yale School of Medicine who organized the “Duty to Warn” conference at Yale and edited the best-selling book, “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President,” below:
- Video from 5 months ago: President Donald Trump’s Mental Fitness Under Scrutiny-In the wake of the bestselling book Fire and Fury and President Trump’s response with a series of tweets asserting his “genius,” the panel previews Trump’s first presidential physical, which notably won’t include a psychiatric evaluation, below:
- Video from 5 months ago: Lawmakers With Psychiatrist About Trump’s Mental Health-Revelations in Michael Wolff’s new book come as a dozen lawmakers met with a Yale Psychiatrist for a briefing on the president’s mental health, below:
- Video from 5 months ago: The Awkward debate around Trump’s mental fitness-The rule that keeps psychiatrists from talking about Trump, below:
The danger lies in the fact that if the debate of Trump’s state of mental health is left up to the non-experts or non-professionals, then much of it can keep the public in the dark and confused. Dr. Lee is concerned that partisan political coverage may trivialize the real concern about Trump’s mental fitness. Silencing mental health experts may be counter productive. Much remains to be seen as to whether or not mental health experts would be allowed to answer the question concerning Trump’s mental health. It took conscientious practitioner such as Dr. Brandy Lee and her colleagues who dared to question the status quo in order to shed some light onto this very serious issue in the future.
Perhaps it is time to re-examine the requirement in such a powerful position as being President of the United States (POTUS). Perhaps the passing of both physical as well as mental health on an annual basis needs to be required for some one who has access to the nuclear launch code. Perhaps the Goldwater rule also needs to be re-evaluated. Finally, often time the patient may not realize that he/she is ill. So, politics aside, for the good of the country, the planet, as well as for President Trump, this issue needs to be seriously addressed.
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: