#Enough! National School Walkout on Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
Today, March 14, 2018, is exactly one month since the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Thousands of students and teachers all over the country are paying their tribute to the 17 students who were killed in Parkland, Florida, school shooting by walking out of their classrooms as part of the #Enough! National School Walkout to raise awareness concerning school safety and gun violence. This nationwide march is organized by Women’s March Youth Empower. It has begun at 10:00 am, on Wednesday, March 14, 2018. Many marches lasted more than 17 minutes, with each minute representing paying respect to each of the 17 victims of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. Their voices are heard and their influence have grown nationally. These students are calling for change in gun legislation nationally. In Florida, these students’ movement have already brought some changes: Florida House Passed Public Safety/Gun Restriction Bill. Whether or not these students will be able to bring about banning the assault weapons remains to be seen.
Below, is the video of “Marjory Stoneman Douglas students join mass walkout”:
- NRA Challenges Florida’s New Gun Control Law
- Florida House Passed Public Safety/Gun Restrictions Bill
- Florida Students May Want To Consider Ballot Initiative
- “Never Again” Movement Is Sweeping Through The Country
- Flipping The House Is Necessary In Order To See Significant Gun Law Changes
- Florida Students, You Need Your Theme Song!
- Time To Learn From the Australian Experience In Gun Control
- Companies Are Severing Ties With NRA
- Trump’s Position To Combat School Shootings
- Florida Students & Activists Want To See Change In Florida Gun Law
- Peter Wang, Alaina Petty, and Martin Duque, Young Heros To Be Honored and Remembered
- National School Walkout on March 14 & March For Our Lives on March 24 in 2018!
- Trump Recommends That “Bump Stocks” Be Illegal
- Ben Dickmann, Florida Man Voluntarily Surrendered His AR-57 To Lead By Example
- A Time For Reflection
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: